Chrysophylax Posted December 6, 2012 Author Posted December 6, 2012 I just finished. It was actually fun! It was about the cosmological argument. It was easy! Probably because I enjoyed it.. I enjoyed it because ... many reasons. First, I understand the subject matter well. Second, I like Aquinas very much. And I really loved one of the supposed refutations of the argument, because it was in the form of a dialogue, and the one who was opposing the argument really couldn't give an adequate reason why and the other guy was just ripping his objections to shreds! It was great!! :evil: Oh, and it really helps that this paper was only supposed to be two pages! Easy!! :P
WillT Posted December 6, 2012 Posted December 6, 2012 Nice. I think nearly all philosophy pages should be about 2 pages. Otherwise there's just too much fluff and filler. The cosmological argument was always fun to write on. It never seems to get a thorough enough treatment in my experience. Of course, my philosophy degree is from a public university so we tended to focus on the refutations a little more than the proofs. :)
TheresaThoma Posted December 6, 2012 Posted December 6, 2012 Ok to do this week Poster for Physics lab, due Friday Homeworks 3 and 4 for Space Flight Ops Final for Astronomy (need a 4 hour block of time) Final for Space Flight Ops Scholarship application Physics HW Study for Physics Final Poster for AAS conference (not until Jan but need to print it off before the end of semester) and plus I picked up a job so I have that starting Sunday afternoon.... joy
Chrysophylax Posted December 6, 2012 Author Posted December 6, 2012 Nice. I think nearly all philosophy pages should be about 2 pages. Otherwise there's just too much fluff and filler. The cosmological argument was always fun to write on. It never seems to get a thorough enough treatment in my experience. Of course, my philosophy degree is from a public university so we tended to focus on the refutations a little more than the proofs. :) Yeah, I know what you mean! I'm at a public university at the moment too. The good side is that knowing all the refutations usually only confirms me even more in what I believe.
TheresaThoma Posted December 6, 2012 Posted December 6, 2012 Oh and this isn't really HW but still has to be done: finish my Sister's scarf (tis cute).
Chrysophylax Posted December 6, 2012 Author Posted December 6, 2012 Ok to do this week Poster for Physics lab, due Friday Homeworks 3 and 4 for Space Flight Ops Final for Astronomy (need a 4 hour block of time) Final for Space Flight Ops Scholarship application Physics HW Study for Physics Final Poster for AAS conference (not until Jan but need to print it off before the end of semester) and plus I picked up a job so I have that starting Sunday afternoon.... joy Yikes! I wish you the best of luck! I'll say some prayer for you, too. I know what an overcrowded busy week feels like!
WillT Posted December 6, 2012 Posted December 6, 2012 Absolutely! I also found that my philosophy professors were very fair to viewpoints that they didn't necessarily share. As long as you present a well-reasoned, well-structured argument they were happy. My English/humanities professors, on the other hand, were far less interested in opposition. At any rate, one of the most important parts of college is learning to work with those who have a different view.
WillT Posted December 6, 2012 Posted December 6, 2012 Ok to do this week Poster for Physics lab, due Friday Homeworks 3 and 4 for Space Flight Ops Final for Astronomy (need a 4 hour block of time) Final for Space Flight Ops Scholarship application Physics HW Study for Physics Final Poster for AAS conference (not until Jan but need to print it off before the end of semester) and plus I picked up a job so I have that starting Sunday afternoon.... joy Wow, that's a lot. Looks like some really interesting classes, though! Space Flight Ops!
WillT Posted December 8, 2012 Posted December 8, 2012 Well, two exams down, three to go! Can't wait for next Wednesday.
TheresaThoma Posted December 8, 2012 Posted December 8, 2012 Wow, that's a lot. Looks like some really interesting classes, though! Space Flight Ops! Space Flight Ops is ok Astronomy is just painful (it is intro to astronomy so VERY basic stuff) Poster went well just have to do the other one now. Get feedback on my CV and do the essays for the scholarship and study for finals. And the HW for Space Ops.
TheresaThoma Posted December 8, 2012 Posted December 8, 2012 Aerospace Physics but outside of courses I do Astronomy research
WillT Posted December 8, 2012 Posted December 8, 2012 Cool. My dad is an Aerospace Engineer, but I did not inherent the math genes! Sounds like interesting stuff, otherwise.
Chrysophylax Posted December 16, 2012 Author Posted December 16, 2012 Studying for finals and falling asleep! :| I guess that is why I should not stay up to unreasonable hours of the morning without a very good reason. Well, I think I will have to finish the English final tomorrow (it is online), and then study for the Monday and two Wednesday finals. At least the Monday one is the one that should be easiest. :/
cartermia Posted December 16, 2012 Posted December 16, 2012 (edited) Studying for my religion final. Should not be that hard (hopefully). I told me religion teacher that we should have an ask a seminarian help on our test, :proud: of my idea. Don't know if he will let us do that though... Edited December 16, 2012 by cartermia
mysisterisalittlesister Posted December 17, 2012 Posted December 17, 2012 Done with the semester. :cloud9: You finished all your math homework???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now