i<3franciscans Posted September 21, 2012 Author Posted September 21, 2012 Aw, I love the video. [size=1]It would be better with Franciscans![/size]How long have you been discerning?
DiscerningCatholic Posted September 21, 2012 Posted September 21, 2012 I love it too!!! [size=1]It's better with O.P.s!!![/size] I've been discerning for about 4 months, but I've been having vocation feels since I was 3. (Due to a wannado change in 5th grade, I had about 5 years where I was all, "NO." to religious life, but God can do wonders through Catholic youth conferences.)
i<3franciscans Posted September 21, 2012 Author Posted September 21, 2012 Nice, I have been discerning since august 2009.
DiscerningCatholic Posted September 22, 2012 Posted September 22, 2012 Nah, not the dopest. Dominicans are the bestest.
DiscerningCatholic Posted September 22, 2012 Posted September 22, 2012 [quote name='MeteorShower' timestamp='1348333525' post='2485453'] I saw this coming [/quote] It's just playful banter, MS. We just argue via status comments, so Franciscans decided to make a thread on the lame board. O.P.s for the win.
To Jesus Through Mary Posted September 22, 2012 Posted September 22, 2012 Because I see them on a regular I gotta say, the cfrs really are the bestest. Sr Clare is like a walking testimony of God loves. Plus the CFR friars are their directors, that have a totally rad charism, AND how they live out poverty is so beautiful. Their chapels are so simple and beautiful.
Catholicterp7 Posted September 24, 2012 Posted September 24, 2012 OPs WIN END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (How many Franciscans can say they are living exactly like the Franciscans over eight hundred years ago lived?) (Okay maybe that's not such a good argument because they were founded at about the same time but Dominicans still are amesome because the first Dominicans were Nuns not Friars!!!!!! ) JMJ+
mysisterisalittlesister Posted September 24, 2012 Posted September 24, 2012 This is epic. Btw, Franciscans are full of win
DiscerningCatholic Posted September 24, 2012 Posted September 24, 2012 Yeah, I'll grant that CFR's have win. [size=2](But O.P.'s have more win.)[/size]
Catholicterp7 Posted September 24, 2012 Posted September 24, 2012 I just want to point out that I got my first first priestly blessing from a Dominican friar only a few months after his ordination. I have never been blessed by a Franciscan friar. [size=1]OPs have the MOST win ever![/size] [size=1][size=3]JMJ+ [/size][/size]
i<3franciscans Posted September 24, 2012 Author Posted September 24, 2012 [quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1348336766' post='2485459'] Because I see them on a regular I gotta say, the cfrs really are the bestest. Sr Clare is like a walking testimony of God loves. Plus the CFR friars are their directors, that have a totally rad charism, AND how they live out poverty is so beautiful. Their chapels are so simple and beautiful. [/quote]We need to hang out. lol.
i<3franciscans Posted September 24, 2012 Author Posted September 24, 2012 [quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1348451756' post='2485834'] Yeah, I'll grant that CFR's have win. [size=2](But O.P.'s have more win.)[/size] [/quote]The CFRs have more win in their one order alone than all Dominicans could ever hope for!
DiscerningCatholic Posted September 24, 2012 Posted September 24, 2012 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1348495095' post='2485968'] The CFRs have more win in their one order alone than all Dominicans could ever hope for! [/quote] Nope. Sorry. Swap the orders in that sentence and you'll have it just about right. [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1348496479' post='2485972'] dominicans > franciscans tru story [/quote] This PM'er knows what he's talkin' 'bout.
i<3franciscans Posted September 24, 2012 Author Posted September 24, 2012 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1348496479' post='2485972'] dominicans > franciscans tru story [/quote] um. no.[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1348505689' post='2486007'] Nope. Sorry. Swap the orders in that sentence and you'll have it just about right. [/quote] No swapping. It is perfect.
MIKolbe Posted September 24, 2012 Posted September 24, 2012 [img]http://www.ordopraedicatorum.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Ss.-Francis-and-Dominic-e1319125835109.jpg[/img]
DiscerningCatholic Posted September 24, 2012 Posted September 24, 2012 (edited) [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1348510093' post='2486030'] um. no. No swapping. It is perfect. [/quote] No. Is not perfect. Not caving. Sorry. [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1348510585' post='2486035'] [img]http://www.ordopraedicatorum.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Ss.-Francis-and-Dominic-e1319125835109.jpg[/img] [/quote] See? The O.P. iz leeding da Fransiskan!! :D Edited September 24, 2012 by DiscerningCatholic
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now