An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting For My Community's Decision

OnlySunshine

Just an update: I finally talked to the Superior tonight after I got home from Church.

The reason I have not heard from her is because she actually did not know the official decision. She was staying with family and just returned last week. However, she told me that Mother General sent a letter and I should have received it by now so I'm hoping it will come any day. It probably is floating around in the sorting offices somewhere. Please pray that it gets found and delivered!

Other good news is that Sister will most likely be making a visit to our parish next week! My pastor did not tell me this tonight when I saw him but I have an inkling of suspicion he was trying to tell me -- he just couldn't find the right time since we were both so busy. I have to find some mode of transportation to see Sister while she is here. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I will find a way like last time.

In any case, the prayers must be continued! I WILL have an answer soon, God-willing! :)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1351044944' post='2496687']
Just an update: I finally talked to the Superior tonight after I got home from Church.

The reason I have not heard from her is because she actually did not know the official decision. She was staying with family and just returned last week. However, she told me that Mother General sent a letter and I should have received it by now so I'm hoping it will come any day. It probably is floating around in the sorting offices somewhere. Please pray that it gets found and delivered!

Other good news is that Sister will most likely be making a visit to our parish next week! My pastor did not tell me this tonight when I saw him but I have an inkling of suspicion he was trying to tell me -- he just couldn't find the right time since we were both so busy. I have to find some mode of transportation to see Sister while she is here. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I will find a way like last time.

In any case, the prayers must be continued! I WILL have an answer soon, God-willing! :)
[/quote]
Praise God. I offered my injection for you, and will offer more.

Transportation...Bus if you have a local one, that goes in that area..or maybe a Taxi..or can you ask a friend or relative to help you out?...I'm going to assume that the letter is coming from overseas...depending on WHEN it was sent..it might take awhile. Prayers are continuing! :nunpray:

[quote name='nikita92' timestamp='1351048014' post='2496745']
Transportation...Bus if you have a local one, that goes in that area..or maybe a Taxi..or can you ask a friend or relative to help you out?...I'm going to assume that the letter is coming from overseas...depending on WHEN it was sent..it might take awhile. Prayers are continuing! :nunpray:
[/quote]

The transportation is VERY tricky! I went through this last month when my parish was having an event that the Sisters came to. We have no public transportation around here except for seniors and disabled. Taxi cabs cost $40 round trip. And I don't have enough of a credit history to rent a car. My friend ended up driving me to the event. However, her sister is very ill so she hasn't been around at all. It's times like these where I wish my car really worked.

Thank you for the update Mater! I can totally identify with how good it is to hear (Mother) Superior's voice again.. I pray you find your way to meet your Sisters again, and that the letter makes it way to you pronto! :pray:

Good heavens, this is like waiting for a baby to come!

Mater, if we are on pins and needles, I can only imagine how hard this is for you. And obviously, we all want it to go one way... .but let's keep on praying for the graces Mater will need whichever way it does go. God's beautiful will is always what we need to be open to seeking....

Continuing to pray really hard for you and all involved.... and will pray for you during Evening Prayer tonight as well.....

Blessings,

AnneLine

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1351052894' post='2496827']
Good heavens, this is like waiting for a baby to come!

Mater, if we are on pins and needles, I can only imagine how hard this is for you. And obviously, we all want it to go one way... .but let's keep on praying for the graces Mater will need whichever way it does go. God's beautiful will is always what we need to be open to seeking....

Continuing to pray really hard for you and all involved.... and will pray for you during Evening Prayer tonight as well.....

Blessings,

AnneLine
[/quote]

To be honest, I have never felt more peaceful than I have since talking with the Superior again. I really enjoy talking to her and hate that we could not have a conversation for 2 months. I don't mind waiting a little longer for the letter. I know it will get here when it gets here. I am just so relieved that everything is working out and I know God is taking care of everything. :)

Mater, prayers for you; If you are a fraction as anxious and excited as the rest of us are about the letter that is to come I can't imagine how you can contain it.

Hoping you get the letter soon.

Mater, I know you love the Visitation... and it seems to me this is appropriate for your current 'waiting' as well!

[url="http://www.fisheaters.com/visitation-byMasterMS-1506.jpg"][img]http://www.fisheaters.com/visitation-byMasterMS-1506.jpg[/img][/url]