An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting For My Community's Decision

OnlySunshine

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1350591473' post='2494499']
You have been so patient through all of this. I pray you hear from your community soon!
[/quote]

Thank you. :)

[quote name='Totally Franciscan' timestamp='1350594667' post='2494510']
Mater, as has been brought up a while ago regarding another discerner waiting to hear from her community, this just might be a test by the community to see if you give up on them, your vocation, or if you might get testy with them for not contacting you. You have been amazingly patient, and my hope is that God will reward you abundantly in the very near future. Hang in there! We are all praying for you. :saint2:
[/quote]

I just wish I hadn't called them about 2 weeks ago. I hope I didn't mess up anything. :blush:

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1350614698' post='2494665']
Calling once to check if your contact info didn't go astray I think is perfectly ok! Don't worry about it.
[/quote]

The problem is, I don't know if she got it because I never heard back. Part of me wants to call again but I won't because I don't want to wreck it.

I think we should all consider a novena to Our Lady, Undooer of knots for MM. Not that she gets one answer or the other (altho we certainly have our preferences!!!!) but that her way will be unknotted and her life from now on be under our Mother's Protection.

Anyone in?

[url="http://www.desatadora.com.ar/novena-i.htm"]http://www.desatador...ar/novena-i.htm[/url]
[indent=2]
[b][font="Verdana"][size="2"][color=#0000FF]Prayer to the Virgin Mary as Untier of Knots[/color][/size][/font][/b][color=#0000FF] [/color][/indent]

[indent=2][color=#0000FF][font="Verdana"][size="-1"]Holy Mary, full of the presence of God, during your life[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]you accepted with great humility the holy will of the father[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]and the legacy of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ, and evil[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]never dared to entangle you with its confusion. Since then[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]you have interceded for all of our difficulties as you did[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]at the wedding feast of Cana. With all simplicity and with[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]patience, you have given us an example of how to untangle[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]the knots in our complicated lives. By being our mother[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]forever you arrange and make clear the path that unites us[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]to Our Lord.[/size][/font] [/color][/indent]

[indent=2][color=#0000FF][font="Verdana"][size="-1"]Holy Mary, Mother of God and ours, with your maternal heart,[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]untie the knots that upset our lives. We ask you to receive[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]into your hands (here mention your prayer request) and[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]deliver us from the chains and confusion that restrain us.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]Blessed Virgin Mary, through your grace, your intercession[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]and by your example, deliver us from evil, and untie the[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]knots that keep us from being united to God. So that free[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]of all confusion and error, we may find him in all things,[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]keep him in our hearts, and serve him always in our[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]brothers and sisters. Mother of Good Counsel pray for us.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana"][size="-1"]Amen.[/size][/font][/color][/indent]

If there is interest, Mater, I can do it as a separate VS thread... let us know if you would like....

Edited by AnneLine

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1350614952' post='2494668']
I think we should all consider a novena to Our Lady, Undooer of knots for MM. Not that she gets one answer or the other (altho we certainly have our preferences!!!!) but that her way will be unknotted and her life from now on be under our Mother's Protection.

Anyone in?

[url="http://www.desatadora.com.ar/novena-i.htm"]http://www.desatador...ar/novena-i.htm[/url]

[indent=2]
[b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#0000FF]Prayer to the Virgin Mary as Untier of Knots[/color][/size][/font][/b][color=#0000FF] [/color][/indent]

[indent=2][color=#0000FF][font=Verdana]Holy Mary, full of the presence of God, during your life[/font]
[font=Verdana]you accepted with great humility the holy will of the father[/font]
[font=Verdana]and the legacy of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ, and evil[/font]
[font=Verdana]never dared to entangle you with its confusion. Since then[/font]
[font=Verdana]you have interceded for all of our difficulties as you did[/font]
[font=Verdana]at the wedding feast of Cana. With all simplicity and with[/font]
[font=Verdana]patience, you have given us an example of how to untangle[/font]
[font=Verdana]the knots in our complicated lives. By being our mother[/font]
[font=Verdana]forever you arrange and make clear the path that unites us[/font]
[font=Verdana]to Our Lord.[/font] [/color][/indent]

[indent=2][color=#0000FF][font=Verdana]Holy Mary, Mother of God and ours, with your maternal heart,[/font]
[font=Verdana]untie the knots that upset our lives. We ask you to receive[/font]
[font=Verdana]into your hands (here mention your prayer request) and[/font]
[font=Verdana]deliver us from the chains and confusion that restrain us.[/font]
[font=Verdana]Blessed Virgin Mary, through your grace, your intercession[/font]
[font=Verdana]and by your example, deliver us from evil, and untie the[/font]
[font=Verdana]knots that keep us from being united to God. So that free[/font]
[font=Verdana]of all confusion and error, we may find him in all things,[/font]
[font=Verdana]keep him in our hearts, and serve him always in our[/font]
[font=Verdana]brothers and sisters. Mother of Good Counsel pray for us.[/font]
[font=Verdana]Amen.[/font][/color][/indent]

If there is interest, Mater, I can do it as a separate VS thread... let us know if you would like....
[/quote]

I'd like that very much. I've never heard of this novena before but it's beautiful and very much worthwhile. I'm starting right now. :)

Will do. There are 2 forms of the novena... a longer & a shorter. will explain in the post & offer both for people to use.

I'm going to aim for it to start tomorrow 10/19 -- because it is midnight or later for a lot of the PMers.... don't want anyone left behind!!!!!

I'll also put a heads up in the open mic once it is up....

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1350615492' post='2494672']
Will do. There are 2 forms of the novena... a longer & a shorter. will explain in the post & offer both for people to use.

I'm going to aim for it to start tomorrow 10/19 -- because it is midnight or later for a lot of the PMers.... don't want anyone left behind!!!!!

I'll also put a heads up in the open mic once it is up....
[/quote]

Bless you, AnneLine. I really appreciate this! I already feel better now that I started. :)

Sometimes...as the saying goes...The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Yet in this situation...the Novena is more divine and helpful! Count me in for Mater!! ;)

[quote name='nikita92' timestamp='1350620702' post='2494695']
Sometimes...as the saying goes...The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Yet in this situation...the Novena is more divine and helpful! Count me in for Mater!! ;)
[/quote]

:blowkiss:

[quote name='Totally Franciscan' timestamp='1350625407' post='2494714']
I'm in. Started just now. Holy Mother Mary, hear our prayer!
[/quote]

Thanks a million! :blowkiss:

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1350639654' post='2494734']
I'm in on the novena!. Props to AnneLine.
[/quote]

Thank you! :nun2:

You are welcome -- and FIRST DAY IS UP!!!!

The neat thing about this novena is that not only does it have you PRAY for our Mother's help in getting the best outcome, it has you pray for release from all that may have been binding you in unhealthy ways. I love the combo!

(and now AnneLine is going to BED!!!!)

Edited by AnneLine