An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting For My Community's Decision

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1351274613' post='2498005']

:hehe2:

Got the mail today and the letter was not in there. I was secretly hoping it would be.
[/quote]

Oh mater... maybe we should try just thanking God for what is going on -- it is obviously good for something -- by definition all things (including Garlic Fries!) can lead one to God if one uses them properly. I don't know why this is happening but He does, and I thank Him for it!

[i](You will become the patron saint of ladies in waiting if this keeps up much longer!)[/i]

Blessed&Grateful

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1351275000' post='2498011']
Oh mater... maybe we should try just thanking God for what is going on -- it is obviously good for something -- by definition all things (including Garlic Fries!) can lead one to God if one uses them properly. I don't know why this is happening but He does, and I thank Him for it!

[i](You will become the patron saint of ladies in waiting if this keeps up much longer!)[/i]
[/quote]

oh my goodness! Yes, maybe that is His will!

Edited by Blessed&Grateful

IgnatiusofLoyola

Maybe it's time to ask St. Expedite for his prayers. I know there is some question about who St. Expedite actually was, but from what I can tell, despite the questions, he is a "real" saint. (I even have a "Saint Expedit" medal, bought from a Catholic Web site.) Obviously, if my information about St. Expedite (spellings differ) is incorrect, please correct me.

I'm clearly no expert on saints, but I don't think there is a limit on how many saints you can ask for prayers. In the past year or two, I've found myself praying to saints more often. I like the idea of having "friends in heaven" who will pray for me. (But, obviously, my prayers to saints don't replace my prayers to God/Jesus/the Holy Spirit.)

Agreed, Iggy! Mater needs all the friends she can get... and maybe God will get tired of us yanking on his robes and locate the letter in the heavenly Dead Letter office....

Sr. Mary Catharine (of the Summit Dominicans) reminded me a while back about asking St. Andre Bessette for help --- and she should know -- check this out....

[indent=2][b] Thank you SAINT ANDRE![/b]

Here at the monastery we have a special reason to celebrate the canonization of Saint Andre Bessette. When Sr. Mary Cecilia entered she came to the US from Canada under tourist status while awaiting the R1 status. We were told it would take about 6 months. In early November we learned that it would take more time than that. What to do? We decided that she and Sr. Mary Catharine should make a pilgrimage to St. Joseph’s Oratory in Montreal to ask the intercession of St. Joseph and St. Andre and thereby extend her “tourist” stay with us.....

Read the rest here:
[url="http://nunsopsummit.org/archives/2091"]http://nunsopsummit.org/archives/2091[/url][/indent]

Edited by AnneLine

I wonder if there is a patron saint of lost mail... . St Anthony and St. Expedite are the only ones that come to mind. I'd maybe give the community a call, though.

Totally Franciscan

Go St. Anthony !!!!! Anyone else want to bet that the letter arrives on the final day of the Novena to Our Lady Undoer of Knots? That's my guess! Our Lady and St. Anthony - now that's powerful!

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1351279366' post='2498046']
Agreed, Iggy! Mater needs all the friends she can get... and maybe God will get tired of us yanking on his robes and locate the letter in the heavenly Dead Letter office....

Sr. Mary Catharine (of the Summit Dominicans) reminded me a while back about asking St. Andre Bessette for help --- and she should know -- check this out....

Here at the monastery we have a special reason to celebrate the canonization of Saint Andre Bessette. When Sr. Mary Cecilia entered she came to the US from Canada under tourist status while awaiting the R1 status. We were told it would take about 6 months. In early November we learned that it would take more time than that. What to do? We decided that she and Sr. Mary Catharine should make a pilgrimage to St. Joseph’s Oratory in Montreal to ask the intercession of St. Joseph and St. Andre and thereby extend her “tourist” stay with us.....

Read the rest here:
[url="http://nunsopsummit.org/archives/2091"]http://nunsopsummit.org/archives/2091[/url][/indent]
[/quote]

Did I mention that she is PROFESSED with Summit now?

[b]I think we should include St. Andre & St. Joseph in our lineup......[/b]

[quote name='Totally Franciscan' timestamp='1351284182' post='2498124']
Go St. Anthony !!!!! Anyone else want to bet that the letter arrives on the final day of the Novena to Our Lady Undoer of Knots? That's my guess! Our Lady and St. Anthony - now that's powerful!
[/quote]

Wouldn't that be something?!? That's tomorrow!!!! :)

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1351248789' post='2497890']
If you add saint Joseph, you basically have the dream team. ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1351279366' post='2498046']

Read the rest here:
[/quote]

:bounce: I got so excited when I read this! I went to the Oratory, Notre Dame Basilica, Notre-Dame-de-Bonsecours, and other churches just last week! I forgot to tell you Mater, we prayed a novena to St. Joseph on the pilgrimage, and I kept you and all the pmers (especially FCC) in my intentions for the novena and when praying at the Oratory and other churches.

:sleep: I checked out your link AnneLine! That is a great article and the pictures, especially of the nuns with their great big SMILES!! I would love to visit the Notre Dame Basilica some day! It is so beautiful!! :like3:

VeniJesuAmorMi

Maybe it will be today! You have prayers coming from over here MM! That would be really exciting if it did come today (well, when it comes when it does it will still be very exciting!) :)

[quote name='VeniJesuAmorMi' timestamp='1351345708' post='2498510']
Maybe it will be today! You have prayers coming from over here MM! That would be really exciting if it did come today (well, when it comes when it does it will still be very exciting!) :)
[/quote]

I'll let you guys know if it comes today. The mail should be coming soon! :)

To Jesus Through Mary

ACK!! Last day of the novena!! Prayed a Memorare just now. Please Mary guide this letter to her!!