Knight of the Holy Rosary Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 I would not want a girlfriend that is staunchly opposed to the teachings of the Church (obviously). One thing that really turns me off is a girl with no class. I have met girls that are drop dead gorgeous, but are gross and crude. It's like Archbishop Fulton J Sheen used to say: "Women were created to civilize men!"
scardella Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 I wouldn't date anyone who didn't dance. It may be shallow, but it would drive me up the wall not to be able to share that part of myself w/ someone. It would totally stink at the wedding. I wouldn't date anyone who I can't have a good conversation with. (That's much more selective than it sounds. I'm not a conversationalist.) I wouldn't date anyone who wouldn't agree to raise children Catholic. I don't have problems with her being non-Catholic, but I'm not going to have non-Catholic kids. I wouldn't date anyone who would have problems with me explicitly being Catholic (it's rather hard to avoid). I wouldn't date someone who hates JPII, GK Chesterton, Tolkien or small children.
Mercy me Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 I would not want to date someone who is not looking for a spouse. It is a waste of time. I don't want someone hung up on their own issues. I don't want someone weak in faith. I don't want someone who is irresponsible. I don't want someone who is untrustworthy. I am sure that there are more things but I can't think of them right now.
franciscanheart Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 I wouldn't deal well with someone who is irresonsible and unreliable.
mariahLVzJP2 Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 i would not date someone that: is prideful and arrogant has bad manners dislikes/criticizes Catholicism is mean isn't confident drinks and smokes dresses emo (hehe, just kidding)
franciscanheart Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 i wouldn't deal well with someone who always had their interests first in mind.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 [quote name='Socrates' post='1186950' date='Feb 6 2007, 10:01 PM'] Think that eliminates 99.99% of women out there - Is it any wonder I'm still single? [/quote] Not after that comment, it's not.
jmjtina Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 man, I miss Carrie. that shower one, I agree. They must shower!
traichuoi Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 [quote name='prose' post='1186888' date='Feb 6 2007, 06:11 PM'] I was not Catholic when I met my husband. It was his prayers and encouragement that caused me to convert and fall in love with the Catholic Faith. I am glad he never had that stipulation. [/quote] Thank you for your interjection. [quote name='Socrates' post='1186950' date='Feb 6 2007, 07:01 PM'] 1) Someone who doesn't share my religious core values 2) Dishonest in any way 3) A promiscuous silly sally 4) A self-righteous hypocrite 5) Self-centered or materialistic 6) Insecure, neurotic, clingy, or manipulative 7) Arrogant or domineering Think that eliminates 99.99% of women out there - Is it any wonder I'm still single? [/quote] No, you're just meeting the wrong ones. I haven't seen: Person who has overwhelming halitosis, uncontrollable sweating, or hates food. Those would be big turn offs...
littleflower+JMJ Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 What you would NOT want in someone you are dating? For it to NOT to be the wrong person that God had wanted me to be with, to have them not be following God's will in their lives, whoever or whatever that may be. gosh did i say that right? all these nots are really messing me up and its late lol
KnightofChrist Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 Girls that dont know photoshop, I would just be way to super smart from them... it just wouldnt be right... But really... Smoking, Drinking... are not something I like...
Paddington Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 Thanks for the tips ladies. Now for a few of my dislikes... 1. high-maintenance 2. overall selfish life-plan 3. can't admit wrong
Jaime Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 [quote name='Paddington' post='1187313' date='Feb 7 2007, 05:56 AM'] Thanks for the tips ladies. Now for a few of my dislikes... 1. high-maintenance 2. overall selfish life-plan 3. can't admit wrong [/quote] I shall pray that you enjoy your vocation as a single man
Thy Geekdom Come Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 [quote name='hot stuff' post='1187354' date='Feb 7 2007, 09:26 AM'] I shall pray that you enjoy your vocation as a single man [/quote]
SJRod55 Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 Must be non smoker. Open to try new things and devout Catholic - Roman Variety
mariahLVzJP2 Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 i just thought of more. i would not date someone: who is not stable in life (in what he wants in his career or is not sure about his beliefs) is indecisive (^my last bf. ) doesn't have nice hands (superficial, i know) wears sports sandals
traichuoi Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 (edited) [quote name='hot stuff' post='1187354' date='Feb 7 2007, 05:26 AM'] I shall pray that you enjoy your vocation as a single man [/quote] Someone who isn't passionate about Truth and isn't a lover of life. Someone who doesn't like football (for Americans, I mean soccer). Someone who denies their humanity. Can't be a Sophist, they're so annoying. Honestly, I get annoyed with the hand-raising praise and worship type...sorry. Uptight guys, rad-trads, ultra libs.... Wears overalls (and I agree with Mariah ^ guys who wear sports sandals...they're so ugly). Edited February 7, 2007 by traichuoi
Tony Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 I wouldn't want to date someone.. that is... a guy.
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted February 10, 2007 Posted February 10, 2007 I wouldn't want to date someone who: Smokes cigarettes...a cigar is ok once in a while, like once a month, but that's what I would allow One that drinks in moderation, but I prefer a non drinker the most. Will not help me get to Heaven. Who doesn't support me with my dreams, goals, and ambitions. One who doesn't have a steady job or goals for the future... One who doesn't believe in himself One who parties with drinking One who 'sleeps' around and is known as a 'player' I can go on and on, but I am not worried about these qualities, because I have met my dream guy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now