An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need Advice

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1351738853' post='2501750']
I am very lazy to read through this entire thread but let me go back on track here since this thread has been hijacked in so many ways.

FP, I don't know if anyone covered this or not but maybe she is more interested in why you have a great desire to become a Priest than anything else. She probably never met a 16 year old guy who has a great love for Jesus and the Church because most guys your age are more occupied with other things. This girl wants to get to know you more because she might have a desire to want love and joy to glow in her soul. She sees something in you that you don't see yourself..she probably sees holiness written all over your face and wants to know why!!!

If she does have a crush on you....I don't know what to say..I guess it is very normal! Because holiness is very attractive and if I saw a guy who is trying to be holy....I would be attractive to him! Maybe not in a romantic way but probably in a friendship way! Also pray that the Lord will give you the right words to say to her if she shows a romantic interest in you. And be honest to her which is the best thing you can do! You can ask her if she has a crush on you and tell her in your sweet tender voice that you like her as a friend or maybe a sister but nothing more. Also I will tell you a story what I went through because a guy wasn't being honest and was a jerkface to me.

In my freshmen year of highschool, I was very attracted to a young man who I thought was a great guy and I wanted so badly to go homecoming with him so one day I asked him to go with me. I know that I shouldn't have asked him but my friends were putting a lot of pressure on me. Anyway I asked him and he said he had to ask his Mom if it is ok to bring me to homecoming then the next day during school I found out that he asked a different girl to go with him. "Bud" asked this girl "A" the day after I asked him but he NEVER came up to me at ALL. He was too afraid to tell me that he didn't want to take me and that he had "plans" to take this other girl who already had a boyfriend at the time. Also he lied to people saying "Oh I told her No" Liar Liar Liar!!! He never said No at all! I wished he was honest and not a jerkface! I wished he could have at least tried to be a man and told me the truth but he never did at all! It took me a very long time to forgive him for leading me on and not telling me the truth that he didn't want to go with me. I know it seems that I haven't forgave him but I will never forget it though.

A REAL man:
Honest
Loving
Caring
Respectful
Tells the Truth
Courageous

A Jerkface boy:
Jerk
Liar
Leading girls on
Cheater
Coward
An Idiot

Sorry for ranting...I don't know if I made any sense but I hope this gives you an idea though! So FP, please try to be a REAL man and not a jerkface!!!

But I will pray that everything will work out!!!

Oh wait! P.S. Also somehow this girl came into your life for a reason because she might help you to grow closer to Christ and His Church and you will help her to do that too! :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice and everything. I must say I honestly don't see myself as holy, though. I fail, and fail, and fail again. I know failure is not something that makes a person unholy, but I just can't see calling myself holy without stretching the truth. If she is attracted to me for this reason than I am afraid she is mistaken. Though I do wonder why she has such an interest in me, crush or not. When we met I was timid and silent, and not to mention really tired. I can't imagine the sight of me was all that attractive at the time.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351740480' post='2501763']

Thanks for the advice and everything. I must say I honestly don't see myself as holy, though. I fail, and fail, and fail again. I know failure is not something that makes a person unholy, but I just can't see calling myself holy without stretching the truth. If she is attracted to me for this reason than I am afraid she is mistaken. Though I do wonder why she has such an interest in me, crush or not. When we met I was timid and silent, and not to mention really tired. I can't imagine the sight of me was all that attractive at the time.
[/quote]

Yes I agree with you about failing....I had failed so many times over and over but admitting to that is a step closer to become the person who you are made to be! We aren't perfect and we have to get used to that! But God is and he will make everyone of us perfect but it will take your whole life to do that! Probably because she sees you as yourself and that is what makes it amesome! Don't worry about it! I can looked like a zombie in the morning!