An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need Advice

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351580949' post='2500233']
When I go to Major Seminary I'll probably go to Saint John Vianney Major Seminary in Denver, but I haven't decided yet.
[/quote]

NOOOO you should come to St. Paul's in Pittsburgh!

Or it could be just possible that she finds you appealing as a person and wants to get to know you better since she is beyond the age of thinking boys are yucky. Being friendly with her does not mean it's a romantic relationship. Don't load up a freindly relationship with a ton of excess conjecture. You can be freinds in the freindzone. Unless you fear you may not be mature enough to have a freind of the opposite sex without it having romantic entaglements.

I would have to agree with anomaly..

Perhaps the more prudent path is not to automatically think, is she catholic enough, holy enough, or (dare i say) chaste enough for you. Because the fact of the matter is you really have no idea now, and are just going off very limited data. If she seems like a nice enough person to get to know better, then get to know her better. Once you get to know her better, you will be in a more knowledgable position to set proper courses of action.

Hey, a girl wants to talk to you. You are already eons ahead of where dUSt was at this age....... take heart :)

i<3franciscans

Good luck Miles! I have been in the same situation before... yours will probably end better than mine though...

Altar[u][i][b] girl[/b][/i][/u]?!! Good grief! *ugh* Why, oh why, oh why? Tell her to "Get thee away from the altar...and quickly too!"

How long O Lord? How long?

I have to agree with anomaly and mlkolbe. As shocking a concept as this clearly is to some people, [i]she could just want to be friends[/i]. You really don't have enough information at this point to make a judgement.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I agree with MIKolbe.

Firstly, I want to remind us all that while FP is seriously discerning, he has not been accepted to seminary yet and is not a seminarian. And two years is a long time.

FP, you didn't tell us how you feel about her, so I'm going to offer several scenerios.

If you have no interest whatsoever: Be friendly, but keep her at a distance. If matters escalate, you may even want to tell the girl that you have no other intention than to be her friend. She'll get the message.

If you want a real friendship: Get to know her, her interests, her family, etc. It never hurts to have another friend. Again, if she is going too far, you may have to mention something to her. Ask her if she's ever considered the religious life!

If you have interest: Get to know her, her interests, her family. See where things go.

Edited by FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1351611093' post='2500325']
I agree with MIKolbe.
[/quote]

Gets a prop.. EVERY time.

I have a lifetime of experience of deflecting girl's attractions to me. This is not something you'd want to take the advice of people like MIKolbe or Nihil. They have no experience in this matter.

Whatever you do, do not treat her like c[size=4]r[/size]ap. This was one of my early tactics, but it only makes the girl more attracted to you. It is an unexplained phenomenon among teenage girls.

My advise to you is avoid all contact with her and talk to your priest about not allowing girl altar servers anymore.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351611758' post='2500330']
Whatever you do, do not treat her like c[size=4]r[/size]ap. This was one of my early tactics, but it only makes the girl more attracted to you. It is an unexplained phenomenon among teenage girls.
[/quote]
This.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351611758' post='2500330']
My advise to you is avoid all contact with her and talk to your priest about not allowing girl altar servers anymore.
[/quote]
No. Possibly about the girl altar server thing, but don't avoid contact. That's *ahem* rude.

[quote name='ACS67' timestamp='1351603932' post='2500281']
Altar[u][i][b] girl[/b][/i][/u]?!! Good grief! *ugh* Why, oh why, oh why? Tell her to "Get thee away from the altar...and quickly too!"

How long O Lord? How long?
[/quote]

:hehe: I was not going to say anything, but......

PhuturePriest

Thank you all for the good advice and for the, uh... interesting advice. I think being friends would be okay. I think I can handle a friendship with a girl, and that never really crossed my mind on whether or not I could do it without it becoming romantic. I think as long as she gets the message things should be fine. If she acts like it is more of a conquest of getting me rather than simply becoming friends I will simply tell her I'm not interested in that, and hopefully she won't take it too hard.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351615232' post='2500348']
Thank you all for the good advice and for the, uh... interesting advice. I think being friends would be okay. I think I can handle a friendship with a girl, and that never really crossed my mind on whether or not I could do it without it becoming romantic. I think as long as she gets the message things should be fine. If she acts like it is more of a conquest of getting me rather than simply becoming friends I will simply tell her I'm not interested in that, and [b]hopefully she won't take it too hard.[/b]
[/quote]
She will, but that's okay. She'll get over it. :)