An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need Advice

PhuturePriest

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351573326' post='2500185']

I don't know. She started off with saying I seemed like a "super nice guy", and that I should "hit her up sometime". Does that qualify as flirting?
[/quote]

Yes. Unless she followed it up with a fist-bump. Then she's a bro.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1351573648' post='2500188']

[/quote]

So would you qualify this as her hitting on me?

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1351573648' post='2500188']

[/quote]
[img]http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/austin-powers-man-baby.jpg[/img]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351574197' post='2500191']
[img]http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/austin-powers-man-baby.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

That made my night. I haven't seen Austin Powers since I was probably eight or younger.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351574326' post='2500194']

That made my night. I haven't seen Austin Powers since I was probably eight or younger.
[/quote]
I was not allowed to watch it at that age. :P Unfortunately by the time my parents got around to finally renting it, I was at a particular age where I did not find it to be as funny as I had been led to believe.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351574599' post='2500198']
I was not allowed to watch it at that age. :P Unfortunately by the time my parents got around to finally renting it, I was at a particular age where I did not find it to be as funny as I had been led to believe.
[/quote]

I probably wouldn't find it too hilarious if I watched it, but I'm sure there are some gems in there.

All I remember is that when I first watched it I was really young and impressionable, and I wanted to be exactly like him and say what he said. My sister had to explain to me after saying "bastard" that that was not a nice word and I should not use it.

Aw! A girl has a crush on Miles!

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351570785' post='2500172']
Thank you. The thing is, I can't be certain. I get the feeling she is hitting on me, but I don't know indefinitely. She knows I want to be a Priest and she saw the photos of me in the cassock on Facebook. Maybe if she is hitting on me she thinks she can change my mind or something?
[/quote]
Some girls go after (wannabe) seminarians...I go to night prayer at a minor seminary weekly, and I'm pretty sure one woman I know goes there to find a holy husband at the social afterwards. I mean, it's a good idea. Where else are you going to go and find such a big group of good Catholic guys but a seminary?

I think its best to be friendly, as it is never best to be cold towards someone, but as others have said keep her at an as length. Leading someone on only leads to hurt feelings, so it is best to ensure she understands your plans on entering the priesthood. Maybe next time she engages in conversation with you, speak more about your plans on becoming a priest, she will more than likely get the hint that you don't plan on dating her and be able to move on.

Re: Austin Powers, I wish I had been able to watch. My parents never let me for some reason, yet let my younger sister watch it. These days its not really my film genre, so I haven't sat down to watch it. Maybe I should =p (I like thrillers and action films)..

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you don't have to face any awkward experiences with her in the future. Maybe you can enlighten her on EWTN though, God may have brought her into your life to help her learn more about her faith =)

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1351575447' post='2500205']
Aw! A girl has a crush on Miles!

Some girls go after (wannabe) seminarians...I go to night prayer at a minor seminary weekly, and I'm pretty sure one woman I know goes there to find a holy husband at the social afterwards. I mean, it's a good idea. Where else are you going to go and find such a big group of good Catholic guys but a seminary?
[/quote]

Is it really that unbelievable? :hehe:

I'm pretty sure she's hitting on me. Her comments about me being a really nice guy and "hitting her up sometime" make me pretty suspicious. I have heard that saying you want to enter the Priesthood or religious life make you in fact more attractive, but I have never had the chance to see the theory tested.

You will want to stay well away from girls who actively pursue seminarians. :P That is true now, but it will be more true in five years.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351577547' post='2500220']
You will want to stay well away from girls who actively pursue seminarians. :P That is true now, but it will be more true in five years.
[/quote]

*Cough* Two years...

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351578764' post='2500225']
It is so nice that you have a minor seminary. I thought they were done away with after the Council. :|
[/quote]
I guess it's technically an undergraduate seminary, but they also call it a minor seminary. I think it even says it on a shirt or sweatshirt.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351578764' post='2500225']
It is so nice that you have a minor seminary. I thought they were done away with after the Council. :|
[/quote]

Um... No. I know this because in two weeks I am in fact visiting Conception Seminary, which is known as Minor Seminary. When I go to Major Seminary I'll probably go to Saint John Vianney Major Seminary in Denver, but I haven't decided yet.

To Jesus Through Mary

FP- Yes she is hitting on you. And like Nihil says keep her at arms length. It will only end up in unwanted drama. She may not be the seminarian chaser. (those are the worst kind- "but but God is calling us to be married! Not for him to be a priest!") Especially since she may not be educated in the faith. If you don't want to choose the option of keeping her at arms length you can always drop large hints like "It is so great to have a girl just as a friend." "I am glad I am never going to get married, so I don't have to date..." "You know priests don't get married, right?" "I have a flesh eating bacteria. It is contagious" But honestly FP, be sure not to lead her on. I am sure it is innocent enough, but could end very badly.