PhuturePriest

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352916405' post='2509897']
I'm not done with the crappy translation yet... :(

Oh Eternal Parent
Who keeps watch on us from your Celestial Home
Your Name inspires us all...
[/quote]
[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352916475' post='2509898']
I grew up in a mainline Protestant church in the 70s. I can write crappy liturgy with the best of 'em.
[/quote]

Stop making me laugh. I'm trying to sing Music of the Night!

Ash Wednesday

FutureCarmeliteClaire, I saw nothing wrong with your prayer. I interpreted it as a beautiful example of total submission to God's will... times I've been able to completely turn it over to God have been some of the most profound and peaceful moments in my life. All too often moments of total trust and submission are like pulling teeth for me.

FuturePriest, keep on truckin', our prayers are with you!

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352916405' post='2509897']
I'm not done with the crappy translation yet... :(
[/quote]

Three lines are probably enough. We do not want to bore our congregation with all this theological mumbo-jumbo. :|

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1352767779' post='2508818']
About every day I say to God, "Please let your will happen. Just do it. Break my heart if you need to. I just want to do your will."

I recommend it to you in the days ahead.
[/quote]

FCC, I just saw all the commotion on this thread and I just wanted to say this...
I think this prayer is excellent, and I have said prayer like this too, but I have to admit there were only a few times in my life that I've had the courage to actually mean it. I think from everything you have shared on PM, you know what you could be asking for, and even if you don't, God is not going to be saying "oh goody, watch what terrible thing I'm gonna do to you now!" You might get put on the edge of what you could handle, sure, but not necessarily. I know in one instance when really meant that prayer, I was surprised by a turn of events in a very positive direction that changed my life. And, yes, this was After experiencing the most crushing heart-break of my life thus far; in fact, I think I was still recovering from it. Be not afraid!! :smile3:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352914879' post='2509887']
So the first translation should be a crummy one, right? That I can do.

"Oh great Daddy,
Watching over us,
We love your name..."
[/quote]

I seriously LOL'ed! :lol4:

this is much like my vocational story. I discerned for three years only to find that God is most likely calling me to be mom! who would have thunk it? :hehe2:

Many prayers for you! :saint2:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352766874' post='2508802']
I didn't feel at home at the seminary, and the experiences I had there (Which were not in themselves bad) let me know that this is not where I was called to. I talked to Jesus about it, thinking about how I have been discerning for two years just to get to this point, but I knew there was a reason for it all. I became devout because of it, I became a much better person and future spouse because of it, I started studying because of it, and I even made great friends both online and in real life, including many Priests and religious. I thank you all so much for all of the praying and support you have given me, and I thank you so much for the friendship you have given me. I ask that you please continue to pray for me as I study for college and look for a future spouse there. I won't say I'm not really sad by this, but this is what I have realized in my heart, and I am very optimistic about the future and what it may hold.
[/quote]

FP, you have my prayers! I'm glad you got to grow so much from your experience :)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352907459' post='2509840']

Quiet. Emily is the unfortunate girl I am going after now. Claire was like, so two months ago.
[/quote]
Oh dear, I'll keep Emily in my prayers tonight. :ohno:

[quote name='XIX' timestamp='1352944770' post='2510198']
Oh dear, I'll keep Emily in my prayers tonight. :ohno:
[/quote]
[img]http://www.sodahead.com/temp/2012_07_26/17/0/0/2/5/6/6/9/5/5/Bazinga_by_arselife.jpeg[/img]

• 3 months later...

Well, good for you.

If you can pray that prayer with complete honesty and enthusiasm then you are either

1. naive and inexperienced

or

2. among the bravest people alive on planet Earth, in which case heroic sanctity lies within your grasp, congratulations.

In either case I will repeat: the prayer is dangerous in the extreme. Not for the fainthearted. At all.

We are to be lions. Let men who shrink back and are afraid do something else with their time. This is the Spirit of Catholicism.

Let no one call himself a Christian if he is not able to say:

Root out everything in me that is not Christ. If it be not Christ then it be not mine. Take my money. Take my friends. Break my teeth. Break my back. Let all men hate me. Crucify me upside down. Behead me. Dowse this vain body that must needs die in gasoline and light it on fire. But Jesus be Glorified. Not because I am a fanatic, not because I am insane, a fundamentalist, holier than anyone else, but because I am a man and by nature I am at enmity with my God, let Him do what he must to destroy "Adam" and to cause His image to take shape in my inner man. I have spent myself on sin and filth and all the worthless pursuits of life, I have found no good in them. By the power of the Holy Trinity and prayers of the Virgin and all the Saints of God: do with me as you will.

"23 Are they servants of Christ? I am a better one—I am talking like a madman—with far greater labors, far more imprisonments, with countless beatings, and often near death. 24 Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; 26 on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; 27 in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. 28 And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am not indignant?" II Corinthians

Ps 69:9 "for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me"

So, so much for easy believism, eh?

"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot
tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone
born of the Spirit." John 3:8

Basilisa Marie

"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot
tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone
born of the Spirit." John 3:8

So start a new thread.  :hehe2: