PhuturePriest Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1353308646' post='2512846'] I've also heard knee-length skirts are immodest. Also pantaloons. [/quote] [i]P[/i]ants are an area that [i]can [/i]be immodest. You don't technically have to show off skin to be immodest. So if you are wearing skin-tight jeans in order to attract guys, that would be immodest or at the very least indecent.
Archaeology cat Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1353341230' post='2512957'] [i]P[/i]ants are an area that [i]can [/i]be immodest. You don't technically have to show off skin to be immodest. So if you are wearing skin-tight jeans in order to attract guys, that would be immodest or at the very least indecent. [/quote]true,but a skirt can also be immodest, depending on style and such
Basilisa Marie Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 (edited) [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1353341230' post='2512957'] [i]P[/i]ants are an area that [i]can [/i]be immodest. You don't technically have to show off skin to be immodest. So if you are wearing skin-tight jeans [u][i][b]in order to attract guys[/b][/i][/u], that would be immodest or at the very least indecent. [/quote] ^that's the linchpin of that line of reasoning, as far as pantaloons go. Intention! Actually, high-heels started out as a men's fashion, to emphasize a man's calves...because sculpted calves were what all the ladies were after. It was only much later that ladies adopted them, and then they died out in men's fashion when calves were no longer seen as super hawt. So I have to laugh when I hear people(read: men) run around saying "zomg high heels are so immodest you strumpet-female take those off!" Because we wear them to look "put-together," classy, fashionable, and as part of the female professional outfit. You guys wore them purely to turn yourselves into objects of desire. Edited November 19, 2012 by Basilisa Marie
qfnol31 Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 I make sure my heels make a good "click, click, click" sound as I walk around. Even more important to me than height or figure is the sound I convey. Wait, am I in the wrong thread here?
PhuturePriest Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1353343238' post='2512962'] true,but a skirt can also be immodest, depending on style and such [/quote] Of course. I was just talking about jeans for that one, but skirts can be really immodest too.
Winchester Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 My wife has this one pair of shoes that just brags and brags.
IcePrincessKRS Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 (edited) Dust really didn't give me enough props to be able to fully participate in this thread. [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1353336049' post='2512931'] For the sake of playing devil's advocate, I'ma use this quote as a scapegoat. Hopefully this will generate some interesting discussion. So given that heels do all that amazing stuff to your (well, a woman's; I would hope you don't wear heels, Yosef ) butt, couldn't they in some sense be compared to wearing low-cut shirts with lots of cleavage? They accentuate and draw attention to certain parts of the body in a way that says "look at me!" Isn't that immodest? [/quote] I would argue that most outfits aren't going to be tight enough to clearly show off what's going on under a pair of slacks or a nice skirt if a woman is wearing heels. Sure, there are plenty enough people out there wearing outfits that have every strike against them, but why should that stop a woman from wearing heels and a nice modest dress to Mass? Because her calves might show? I don't think that is a strong enough case. [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1353338741' post='2512948'] hrm. i honestly don't know what to say in response. i don't think that my mom's generation of women thought about this. high heels were just a way to complete the "package" of a dressy outfit. when i wear high heels, it is a way of completing my dressy outfit (and showing off my amesome taste in shoes). (not to mention that a lot of women's dresses and slacks are pretty long and almost require high heels to make sure the dress or slacks don't drag on the ground.) does wearing high heels have a side effect of what you mentioned? sure. but if you're too scrupulous, anything and everything can be an occasion of sin. (not to mention that being too scrupulous has a pretty detrimental effect on your spiritual life.) [/quote] I was going to prop this but I ran out. ETA: I am one of those shortish women who can't wear a nice pair of dress slacks without A) altering them or B) wearing heels. Edited November 19, 2012 by IcePrincessKRS
the171 Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1353348508' post='2513005'] My wife has this one pair of shoes that just brags and brags. [/quote] You have wife? No way!
Winchester Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='the171' timestamp='1353348876' post='2513011'] You have wife? No way! [/quote] teh moar you know
the171 Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1353349063' post='2513013'] teh moar you know [/quote] Teh moar you know, teh moar you trollz.
MissyP89 Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='the171' timestamp='1353348876' post='2513011'] You have wife? No way! [/quote] And child, unbelievably.
the171 Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1353349178' post='2513016'] And child, unbelievably. [/quote] What is this....? I don't even...
Winchester Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='the171' timestamp='1353349115' post='2513014'] Teh moar you know, teh moar you trollz. [/quote] Yeah, but not about this.
MissyP89 Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 (edited) Precisely. It's kind of how I feel about this thread. ETA: Above was for 171 Edited November 19, 2012 by MissyP89
HisChildForever Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1353295352' post='2512720'] If heels are immodest, then I'm a shameless whore. [/quote] According to the modesty threads on Phatmass, so am I.
the171 Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1353349265' post='2513018'] Yeah, but not about this. [/quote] I believe you! I just can't believe it... If that makes any sense. Well, I bet you have a lovely family! Edited November 19, 2012 by the171
the171 Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1353349368' post='2513020'] According to the modesty threads on Phatmass, so am I. [/quote] If I wear my cute sleeveless (not strapless) dress, then I must be a dirty stripper.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now