An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

Mary's Child

... when you're talking about the community you're discerning with and accidentally refer to them as 'us' and 'we'

LOL I do this too all the time :hehe:

When you wake up at 5:30am and get really upset if you miss part of your prayer one day.

• 2 weeks later...
Kayte Postle

When you listen to this song, while imagining Jesus singing it to you and dreaming about entering the convent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKTjUre_wZo

Spem in alium

When you visit the Sisters for prayer and dinner and they give you one of the community's Office books to keep :)

When one of the Sisters says "We need more (Sisters)! And more young ones!" while looking at me excitedly. 

Spem in alium

:hehe2:

Office books are wonderful!!

Definitely! :) It's a great improvement from the Divine Office website, which is what I was using before. Plus it means I can pray the Office wherever I go because I can just take the book! Yay! So overjoyed! :)

Since I am in love with my iPad (got my Kindle books on it, my grandkids games, etc,) I use the Laudate application.  It's got a ton of useful stuff on it besides the Office. Love it, love, love it!  Can you tell how much I love it!!!!!  :))

Spem in alium

Since I am in love with my iPad (got my Kindle books on it, my grandkids games, etc,) I use the Laudate application.  It's got a ton of useful stuff on it besides the Office. Love it, love, love it!  Can you tell how much I love it!!!!!   :))

I made my sister download Laudate on her iPhone (...actually, I downloaded it for her) ;)  :evil: It's brilliant!

-

I finally told one of my best friends that I'm discerning. I was worried about doing it because for a while she'd distanced herself from the Church and I wasn't quite sure how to put it. Well, she was so supportive! It made me so happy to share my news with her and to really open up about how excited I am -- which really made me feel like a future nun! :)

Sister Marie

When you listen to this song, while imagining Jesus singing it to you and dreaming about entering the convent.

Philip Phillips is great... I used this song for my middle school girls group for a talk on spirituality.  They love it too!

Edited by Sister Marie

Spem in alium

When Sister tells you she feels you are going to be a nun. We both cried. I'm so blessed. :) 

ChristinaTherese

When you turn the corner after Mass and Dominican novices being around and one (I don't think he was a novice, but I'm not sure) talking about his discernment and then see a statue of St. Therese right in front of you.

And when she's your confirmation saint.

And when she also showed up as you walked around a corner a few weeks earlier.

And you basically sometimes think she's stalking you....

maximillion

There have been a few phatmassers on VS who were stalked by the Little Flower...........

When you're behind someone in a store and find yourself thinking  'that fabric she is wearing would make a great habit'.

(I followed her for about seven minutes!)

DiscerningCatholic

Are you serious? I ALWAYS do that with that song! I first heard it about a month before the DSMME discernment retreat and fell in love with it...

DiscerningCatholic

There have been a few phatmassers on VS who were stalked by the Little Flower...........

When you're behind someone in a store and find yourself thinking  'that fabric she is wearing would make a great habit'.

(I followed her for about seven minutes!)

Every time I go in WalMart and walk by the fabric, I'm just all like "ooh, white fabric! Blue fabric Habit-like fabric!" :hehe: 

FutureFranciscan:)

When the superior accidentally calls you Sr. Namewhen some of the sisters discuss the idea of kidnaping you so you don't have to leave the convent, and when one of the sisters is talking to your dad and they tell him to take you to the pope so you can ask for permission to enter early :hehe: