• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DiscerningCatholic

• ChristinaTherese

• Spem in alium

• ToJesusMyHeart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...if having to select lay clothes every day is seriously penitential. (The habit in my past is one of the best gifts I ever received. I can't help but wonder if there mightn't still be one in my fut

When you finally tell your brothers in your community that you're going to be entering, and they're leaping with joy, and can't contain themselves in telling you that they've felt this for a long time

When you tell your mom that you're going to the convent this evening and she asks if you're coming back  :hehe2:

Posted Images

ChristinaTherese

You go to RCIA just to learn more and end up in a discussion of the canonical requirements for being Pope. Specifically, if a married man could theoretically become Pope, since there are some married priests. It was ended with us being looked at as if we were crazy and told that it was the first day of RCIA.... (Oh, and then the two of us ended up being just plain old nerdy and talking about Tungsten.)

ETA: Okay, do that shows nothing other than being Catholic and nerdy. But I wanted to say it somewhere....

Edited by Christina Thérèse
ChristinaTherese

When you're talking to a Sister and shyly say that you want to be a nun and she says that she suspected as much. (And that same Sister told me about two years ago, a year before I became properly Catholic, that someone had told her I was discerning. I have no idea who that could have been, except for someone who was good at either guessing or planting a bug on me to find out what sort of conversations I was having with God on Sunday afternoons. (Fall quarter of freshman year was interesting....))

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

A conversation I had with a Dominican friar after saying flippantly that one nice thing about a habit would be that nobody would compliment me on my shirt (I'd just gotten two compliments, and I really don't like compliments on my appearance. I just want to be invisible. Although I guess being pretty is nice. And, if you think about it, almost every woman is beautiful anyway.):

Fr: Well, you could have a green habit. [I don't remember his exact words.]

Me: Are there any orders with green habits? I seem to remember that I ran into one, but I don't remember what it was....

Father said something about Franciscans maybe having green somehow, since the environment and all.

I said that they're much more likely brown. Or at least Poor Clares are. "Because brown is awesome. And St. Francis' habit was either brown or grey, depending on who you ask."

"No, you've got it wrong. White is awesome."

:hehe2:

When you kneel to pray and say: Here I am, Lord. And it finishes in your head unintentionally: Send me.

• Like 1

When you finally (shyly) admit to a group of friends that your trip to France includes a stay over at a convent, and at least half of them punch the air and exclaim "I KNEW it!"

Then follows lots of questions..........and comments.

• Like 2