An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

Mary's Child

When the sisters all accidentally start calling you "Sr. [Name]" :proud:

LOL the first time I introduced my biological sister to one of the novices I was hanging out with the sister held out her hand and said Im Sr Maria Goretti and without missing a beat my sister extended her hand and said Hi Im Sr stopped in mid sentence and just started laughing her face looked like this   :blush: . At the time she was 12 :hehe:

Mary's Child

Aww! That's so sweet! :) :)

This is just something I thought of: while we were on the way home my parents told me the Sisters had given them a box of chocolates to thank them for letting me stay  :hehe2: So cute!

awww thats so sweet of them no pun intended :hehe:

FutureSister2009

When you intend to spend most of your summer reading about Saints and wanting to go on a Religious store shopping spree for your birthday

Spem in alium

When you try and think of the "cons" associated with becoming a nun and really struggle, while your list of "pros" just gets longer and longer.

When you start writing down some questions you want to ask Sister C. and end up with 30 of them (and counting).

When today you're telling one of your best friends about your discernment (please pray for me, guys).

DiscerningCatholic

This actually belongs in the "You know you're a future Dominican when" thread, but seeing as that thread doesn't exist...

When you did a report on St. Hyacinth in 6th grade. For those of you who don’t know about St. Hyacinth, he was a Polish Dominican friar and he is best known for a miraculous rescue of a statue of the Blessed Mother from the monastery as the monastery was being attacked by the Tartars. He was running to rescue the Blessed Sacrament, and as he ran by the statue of Mary, he heard her ask him to not leave her behind. This statue was made of alabaster, so naturally, he thought, “Okay…um…I’d love to bring you with me, but YOU’RE HEAVY!!!” So Mary told him, “I’ll lighten the load for you.” He was able to rescue both the statue and the Blessed Sacrament.

So in a DSMME newsletter from 2007 (I picked up a few copies of some old newsletters at the retreat), there was an article about St. Hyacinth. (Note: this article was published the same year I wrote my report in 6th grade.) In the article they call the common depiction of St. Hyacinth - him with the Eucharist and a statue of Mary - a good depiction of “Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.”

I did a book report on a book about St. Hyacinth in sixth grade (which was right after I was getting into my music-and-kids-and-marriage-and-nothing-else phase).

I’m now discerning religious life with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.

When you find out that almost all of the spiritual books you've been reading were written by Dominicans...and that you've been stalked by Dominicans your whole life. I've been reading Cardinal Schonborn's "Living the Catechism of the Catholic Church" series...didn't know he was an O.P. until two days ago. I'm reading "Taming the Restless Heart." Written by an English Dominican friar. My parents were married on St. Catherine of Siena's feast day.

Crucesignata

When you did a report on St. Hyacinth in 6th grade. 

When you find out that almost all of the spiritual books you've been reading were written by Dominicans...and that you've been stalked by Dominicans your whole life. I've been reading Cardinal Schonborn's "Living the Catechism of the Catholic Church" series...didn't know he was an O.P. until two days ago. I'm reading "Taming the Restless Heart." Written by an English Dominican friar. My parents were married on St. Catherine of Siena's feast day.

Oh!  I'll bet I can guess which one!!  I did one as well.  :)  St. Hyacinth of Poland by Mary Fabian Windeatt?  LOL!  I am currently reading that for the 500th time!  =D

...When you check your bookshelf and find that it is half-full of your favorite books about your favorite saints.  And then you pick them up one by one and realize that about 90% of them were Dominicans.... 

:yahoo:

DiscerningCatholic

Oh!  I'll bet I can guess which one!!  I did one as well.   :)  St. Hyacinth of Poland by Mary Fabian Windeatt?  LOL!  I am currently reading that for the 500th time!  =D

YES IT WAS HOW DID YOU KNOW FDHSJKFDHSJKFDLSHJKFLHSJKFSDLHJK :bounce: 

This is too great.

Chiquitunga

...When you check your bookshelf and find that it is half-full of your favorite books about your favorite saints.  And then you pick them up one by one and realize that about 90% of them were Dominicans.... 

:yahoo:

This but Carmelites :smile3: 2nd place, Franciscans :nun3:

Spem in alium

When you wear this for fun/ Halloween/ All Saints':

2012-10-30-20-58-48.jpg?w=226&h=300

and have people saying things like: "is there something I need to know?"  :hehe2:

(Yes.)

Edited by Spem in alium

Spem in alium

When Sister C. says "You're one of us".  :hehe2:

She answered all of the 20+ questions I threw at her yesterday, sometimes in a lot of detail. So awesome :)

Mary's Child

She answered all of the 20+ questions I threw at her yesterday, sometimes in a lot of detail. So amesome :)

Or when you email a bunch of questions to your superior and she not only responds in great detail but also forwards your questions along with her answers to the other applicant :bounce: :hehe:

FutureFranciscan:)

When the sisters don't want you to leave after a retreat, and when you warn them that they can't get rid off you, and they say that they don't want to.  :hehe2:  and you will be back in 26 days to spend a week with them

And when your told that you should be able to enter after high school by the vocation director!!!!  :woot:  :nun2:  :dance: