An Old School Catholic Message Board

Planned Parenthood Changes Its Stripes

add

I don't feel good about this charade. Planned parenthood is evil

Apparently they didn't feel so good about Planned Parenthood either, since they've elected to cease being affiliated with them.

It's too bad so many here seem to think that conversion of the heart is an event, rather than a process.

*off topic*

the C.S. Lewis quote in your siggy feels a little bit gnostic yo

That's because it is.   :)

It has been bugging me for several weeks now as well, after I re-read some Patristic theology and the Thomistic understanding of the human being.

Thomas Aquinas was pretty specific that the human person is not merely the body, and not merely the soul, but the unity of both. The soul seems to be sufficient for maintaining identity after death until the eschaton, but it is not sufficient for the entire human being.

Apparently they didn't feel so good about Planned Parenthood either, since they've elected to cease being affiliated with them.

It's too bad so many here seem to think that conversion of the heart is an event, rather than a process.

It's not a conversion of the heart it's just good PR

KnightofChrist

What conversion of heart? A conversion of heart requires internal repentance and change not just external change. There can be no conversion of heart without repentance and change both inwardly and outwardly. Based upon the comments of Family Planning representatives this external change seems to be motivated by economic realities and profitably, not actual repentance or conversion.

KnightofChrist

No conversion of heart.

"We will be changing our name in early 2013 to Family Planning of South Central New York. Our mission statement, addresses and services will remain the same.

We remain totally committed to women's reproductive choice. We will continue to provide high quality, affordable health care and lifesaving cancer screenings, offer the full range of FDA-approved contraception, reduce unintended pregnancy, provide pregnancy testing and options counseling, diagnose and treat sexually transmitted diseases, provide medically accurate, age-appropriate sexuality education, promote family communication, and advocate for reproductive freedom."

Source: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ppscny/coming-soon-new-name-same-great-services-40630.htm

They also sell the "morning after" abortion pill on site in all their locations, for as low as $15, they make murder cheap. http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ppscny/family-planning-benefit-program-29750.htm

Edited by KnightofChrist

Nice how the article skips over the increased rates of STDs and PID and subsequent infertility which can result.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that...reading it reminded me of whenever someone reports about "hot spot" policing and makes it out to be the best thing since sliced bread.  Reported crime rates go down, but usually every non-white group finds themselves at odds with the police over the tactics used and refuse to call them for anything short of a murder (and many times not even then).

Basilisa Marie

Oh my graciousness. 

Obviously Planned Parenthood is evil.  Obviously some of the things "Family Planning" are doing are evil.  

Family Planning decided to become a separate organization because it didn't want to offer more abortions.  Could it be because they don't think it's good economic practice? Sure.  Does it also indicate that, UNLIKE Planned Parenthood, Family Planning believes that their mission isn't simply just procuring abortions, but providing womens' health services?  Yes.  Do they make the morning after cheap? Yep.  You know what else they make cheap?  Pap smears, cervical sc.rapings to test for cancer, STD testing, "the pill" to treat the symptoms of PCOS...all sorts of necessary health services that many women need and can't afford.  Along with their murder, Planned Parenthood provides inexpensive and easily-accessible health services to low-income women who are in desperate need of it.  And while Planned Parenthood has obviously decided that those health services are a footnote to their mission, Family Planning has made those services their priority.  People who care about women's health are MUCH EASIER to talk to about the evil of abortion than people who care about simply providing abortions. 

It indicates a small shift in priorities.  And army has to stop advancing before it can be beaten back.  

Edited by Basilisa Marie

KnightofChrist

Oh my graciousness. 

Obviously Planned Parenthood is evil.  Obviously some of the things "Family Planning" are doing are evil.  

Obviously "Family Planning" is just as evil as it was before the name change.

Family Planning decided to become a separate organization because it didn't want to offer more abortions.  Could it be because they don't think it's good economic practice? Sure.  Does it also indicate that, UNLIKE Planned Parenthood, Family Planning believes that their mission isn't simply just procuring abortions, but providing womens' health services?  Yes.

PP also believes that their mission isn't simply just procuring abortions, but providing women's health services. They are still evil, and so is "Family Planning". Both advocate and support murder, though they take different means both have the same end result, an active and direct role in the murder of children.

Do they make the morning after cheap? Yep.  You know what else they make cheap?  Pap smears, cervical sc.rapings to test for cancer, STD testing, "the pill" to treat the symptoms of PCOS...all sorts of necessary health services that many women need and can't afford.

None of those good things makes them good in the least. They are and remain evil and wicked, because they are in the baby murdering business as active and willing accomplices.

Along with their murder, Planned Parenthood provides inexpensive and easily-accessible health services to low-income women who are in desperate need of it.  And while Planned Parenthood has obviously decided that those health services are a footnote to their mission, Family Planning has made those services their priority.  People who care about women's health are MUCH EASIER to talk to about the evil of abortion than people who care about simply providing abortions. 

It indicates a small shift in priorities.  And army has to stop advancing before it can be beaten back.  

I see no evidence that they have changed their priorities at all. By their own words they "remain totally committed" to the culture of death the same exact way as before the name change.

Basilisa Marie

OF COURSE they're going to say that they remain "totally committed."  That's to make sure they keep their customers. 

It's like arguing with a brick wall. :)   I'm sure you feel the same way. 

KnightofChrist

OF COURSE they're going to say that they remain "totally committed."  That's to make sure they keep their customers. 

It's like arguing with a brick wall. :)   I'm sure you feel the same way. 

But there is no evidence that they do not actually mean what they say. So you cannot so easily dismiss their words. It seems you are pulling this hope that they do not mean what they say out of the air or assuming it. I cannot make such an assumption, until such time they prove otherwise, I must take them at their word.

Oh my graciousness. 

Family Planning decided to become a separate organization because it didn't want to offer more abortions.  Could it be because they don't think it's good economic practice? Sure.  Does it also indicate that, UNLIKE Planned Parenthood, Family Planning believes that their mission isn't simply just procuring abortions, but providing womens' health services?  Yes.  Do they make the morning after cheap? Yep.  You know what else they make cheap?  Pap smears, cervical sc.rapings to test for cancer, STD testing, "the pill" to treat the symptoms of PCOS...all sorts of necessary health services that many women need and can't afford.  Along with their murder, Planned Parenthood provides inexpensive and easily-accessible health services to low-income women who are in desperate need of it.  And while Planned Parenthood has obviously decided that those health services are a footnote to their mission, Family Planning has made those services their priority.  People who care about women's health are MUCH EASIER to talk to about the evil of abortion than people who care about simply providing abortions. 

Don’t you find it a little odd that "  www.familyplanning.org  " neither supports or encourages adoption

Go to this web site and see it for yourself, enter” adoption” on the site search button, I dare you

I don’t think this family planning has sincerely changed or altered the Planned Parenthood agenda

Wish it were different