An Old School Catholic Message Board

Planned Parenthood Changes Its Stripes

add

Basilisa Marie

But there is no evidence that they do not actually mean what they say. So you cannot so easily dismiss their words. It seems you are pulling this hope that they do not mean what they say out of the air or assuming it. I cannot make such an assumption, until such time they prove otherwise, I must take them at their word.

Fair enough.  I respect your opinion.  

Don’t you find it a little odd that "  www.familyplanning.org  " neither supports or encourages adoption

Go to this web site and see it for yourself, enter” adoption” on the site search button, I dare you

I don’t think this family planning has sincerely changed or altered the Planned Parenthood agenda

Wish it were different

I never said they encouraged adoption, or suggested that they're pro-life.  I just said (about four times now) that it's clear that health services are more important that doling out as many abortions as they can.  

If you didn't want to talk about the name change, add, then why'd you bring any of this up? 

KnightofChrist

An opinion based on facts, evidence, and their own testimony. I also don't think it's very clear that they do not want to 'dole out' as many abortions as they can by referal. It's good that they do not want to do it on site, but that good is made void by their willingness to refer and direct their clients where to get an abortion.

I never said they encouraged adoption, or suggested that they're pro-life.  I just said (about four times now) that it's clear that health services are more important that doling out as many abortions as they can.  

If you didn't want to talk about the name change, add, then why'd you bring any of this up? 

How is it really different?  Changing the name on the door is illusory and disingenuous; the services are exactly the same…

Exactly the same

Fair enough. I respect your opinion.

I never said they encouraged adoption, or suggested that they're pro-life. I just said (about four times now) that it's clear that health services are more important that doling out as many abortions as they can.

I guess that would also depend on what is classified as health services, Such as the morning after pill

I bring it up because It is relevant to the discussion, If "family-planning" was truly concern about human life , the adoption option would be included In their program. Edited by add

Basilisa Marie

I guess that would also depend on what is classified as health services, Such as the morning after pill

...or, ya know, actual health services.  Like, oh I don't know...

Pap smears, cervical sc.rapings to test for cancer, STD testing, "the pill" to treat the symptoms of PCOS...all sorts of necessary health services that many women need and can't afford.

I bring it up because It is relevant to the discussion, If "family-planning" was truly concern about human life , the adoption option would be included In their program.

I meant the name change.  Did you just bring it up as an excuse for everyone to get together and complain about how awful Planned Parenthood is?  

Yes, planned parenthood A. K. A. Family planning

BTW: Pap smears, Cervical scrapings to test for cancer, STD testing, the pill to treat symptoms of PC OS are all available at any doctor office in the country.
No one is denied

BTW: Pap smears, Cervical scrapings to test for cancer, STD testing, the pill to treat symptoms of PC OS are all available at any doctor office in the country.
No one is denied

Untrue.

Untrue.

Perhaps not free of charge but they are available.
My health insurance policy includes Coverage for all of the above Edited by add

KnightofChrist

No one is denied

Yes you just made the thread to complain about P.P.? Or was the yes somewhat sarcastic? LoL. I thought the point was to inform and warn people that Family Planning's name change, changed absolutely nothing about it's wicked and evil nature. Which clearly needs to be done since some want to not see that clearly enough.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Yes you just made the thread to complain about P.P.? Or was the yes somewhat sarcastic? LoL. I thought the point was to inform and warn people that Family Planning's name change, changed absolutely nothing about it's wicked and evil nature. Which clearly needs to be done since some want to not see that clearly enough.

not bashing anyone,Just stating the facts, the whole true and nothing but the truth

Edited by add

Basilisa Marie

Perhaps not free of charge but they are available.
My health insurance policy includes Coverage for all of the above

Aren't you lucky to have health insurance, coverage that includes those services, and a doctor's office that offers such services within a reasonable commuting distance!  If only every other woman was as lucky as you are!   To bad most of Planned Parenthood's clientele are too poor to afford health insurance, and have jobs that don't require their employer to give them health insurance, EVEN under Obamacare. 

not bashing anyone,Just stating the facts, the whole true and nothing but the truth

I think you mean truthiness. 

Truthiness is a quality characterizing a "truth" that a person claims to know intuitively "from the gut" or because it "feels right" without regard to evidencelogicintellectual examination, or facts

KnightofChrist

Speaking of truthiness, where is the actual evidence that " OF COURSE they're going to say that they remain "totally committed." That's to make sure they keep their customers." ?

Basilisa Marie

Speaking of truthiness, where is the actual evidence that " OF COURSE they're going to say that they remain "totally committed." That's to make sure they keep their customers." ?

When companies make a PR statement of "everything's running as usual" after a big change...

...it's so they keep their good PR with their customers.

That's how PR works.  

I'm not implying that they're lying, I'm saying that you can't use a PR statement to refute my argument that this change is the equivalent of some tiny stirrings of conscience, JUST LIKE WHEN Benedict talked about HIV positive prostitutes who use condoms to stop the spread of HIV.  Maybe the prostitutes use condoms because it's better for business, and they'll only get clients if they use condoms.  But the effect is that infection rates don't increase.   

In this analogy, "Family Planning" is the prostitute, "increases in abortion services" is the increases in HIV, and "breaking from Planned Parenthood" is the condom. 

I'm not sure how I can make my position any clearer.  

KnightofChrist

So no, you have no actual proof to back your position, and yes Ma'am I can use their words to refute your position. Their words are tangible evidence not some baseless feeling or assumption that I hope to be true. You need some actual proof to back up you position that they don't actually mean what they passionately state.

Edited by KnightofChrist