PhuturePriest Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 You will make some lucky girl an excellent butler one day.
Augusta Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 Just for clarification, is this your opinion, or Church teaching? You didn't begin with "In my personal opinion..." so I don't know what you are implying with this. Really? Oh well, the indiscretions of youth... -AK
PhuturePriest Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 Really? Oh well, the indiscretions of youth... -AK You talk like you're ninety. How old are you?
Augusta Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 I asked you several times to tell us about yourself, and you never did. Sad story. :sad2: I did. In this thread. -AK You talk like you're ninety. How old are you? I already volunteered that information earlier in this thread. Didn't you read the thread? Anyway, it's impolite to ask a woman her age. -AK
Nihil Obstat Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 I did. In this thread. -AK Not enough to satisfy the curiosity of your friendly neighbourhood Traditionalistanarchistbronyanimefancanadianphilosophynerd.
PhuturePriest Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 I did. In this thread. -AK I already volunteered that information earlier in this thread. Didn't you read the thread? Anyway, it's impolite to ask a woman her age. -AK What happened to being more than willing to say information you already expressed? You spoke of this a few pages ago. Suddenly it doesn't apply because gosh darn it you're a woman and because of a stupid social rule I'm not allowed to ask you how old you are?
MissyP89 Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 (edited) So you guys, can we go back to talking about ice cream now in a non-judgmental way? No bad faith assumptions? Edited January 30, 2013 by MissyP89
PhuturePriest Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 So you guys, can we go back to talking about ice cream now in a non-judgmental way? No bad faith assumptions? I so regret not following through with my threats to Brian about making a meme! This is the greatest meme ever!
brianthephysicist Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 So you guys, can we go back to talking about ice cream now in a non-judgmental way? No bad faith assumptions? Brianthephysicist supports the content of this message.
MissyP89 Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 You have the best eyes. Has anyone ever told you that?
PhuturePriest Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 You have the best eyes. Has anyone ever told you that? I haven't seen beautiful eyes like that since I gazed into the eyes of The Zodiac.
brianthephysicist Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 I so regret not following through with my threats to Brian about making a meme! This is the greatest meme ever! Not too late...
MissyP89 Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 I just called you a name I can't repeat on here, Miles?
Nihil Obstat Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 You have the best eyes. Has anyone ever told you that? Yes, thank you.
Augusta Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 (edited) stupid social rule The humour in this statement is a bit much for me. I'll let you figure it out. Beyond that, I'm off to bed. Monsters like me have to sleep, too, you know. -AK Edited January 30, 2013 by Augusta
PhuturePriest Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 I just called you a name I can't repeat on here, Miles? D'aw. Brian knows I love him! Brian, let's hug it out.
EmilyAnn Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 I have been trying to avoid posting in this thread but I just want to say this. Augusta, I am sorry that your friend has been hurt. She should not have been treated that way.But You have to understand that this is a sore subject. People who are not virgins are often marginalised and treated as "used" or "damaged goods". They are made to feel worthless - yes, by Catholics. Someone once told me I should never get married because I've basically ruined myself for my husband. You have to try and understand how painful it is to be treated like that. I once heard someone say they wouldn't marry someone who was not a virgin because "you wouldn't want a used car." It hurts to be objectified like that, especially by those of our own faith. Our faith is supposed to be one of forgiveness and redemption, but somehow in this respect people often seem to lack that. I am not trying to justify the way your friend has been treated. But please also try and see if from the other side.
Augusta Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 Not enough to satisfy the curiosity of your friendly neighbourhood Traditionalistanarchistbronyanimefancanadianphilosophynerd. Send me a PM and I'll answer your questions. Within one business day, too. -AK
Nihil Obstat Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 Send me a PM and I'll answer your questions. Within one business day, too. -AK PMs are too oddly private for my taste. Also approximately 27% of my motivation is directed towards creating additional topics of conversation. Therefore: PC, Mac, or Linux?
Augusta Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 PMs are too oddly private for my taste. Also approximately 27% of my motivation is directed towards creating additional topics of conversation. Therefore: PC, Mac, or Linux? All three. Linux is the best, though. People who are not virgins are often marginalised and treated as "used" or "damaged goods". I have only seen that once (yes, you know who - I looked him up). Anyway, I've seen more virgin seekers bashed than I could have possibly imagined. It's like a prejudice that's perfectly acceptable. Both in religious and secular circles (though more in religious circles). This is not to say that bashing non-virgins is right or acceptable, and I would tell people off for doing that if I witnessed it. Some people just don't realize that marriage partner selection is inherently selfish. It just is. There's no "sympathy marriage." We're not marrying someone to the deliberate detriment of our own happiness (not saying marriage is selfish...). If something is an obstacle to a person wanting to marry someone, find a different person. Again, the Karl Keating letter quoted earlier. Yet, as the stereotype goes, Catholics always have to add guilt to things. There's enough guilt. People marry who they want to marry (yes, within guidelines). That's it. No one should have any say whatsoever in that, besides the two people marrying. No one should think they deserve to have a say in who someone marries or what criteria they do or do not set. It goes for everyone, virgin and non-virgin alike. People can't preach forgiveness while grinding someone into the dirt over who they decide to marry. It's wrong. The Church sets minimal guidelines for who people can marry. That means people have a choice - a free choice. If it's not free (i.e. guilt, etc), the marriage is not valid. I don't think we need to make work for tribunals because we feel that we're the best arbiters of Forgivenessâ„¢. Okay, ranting before bed is not good. Oi. Anyway... -AK
Recommended Posts