An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

brianthephysicist

J's experiment continues to find new ways to break.  He's talking to techs at various companies and they're all like:

"This is a ridiculous hypothetical situation, you have nothing to worry about, that doesn't happen."

"No, this isn't hypothetical, this is the third time it's happened on three separate pieces of equipment."

"...I...don't know what to tell you...I have never heard of this happening...ever"

My big first grader! Trolololol.

---

That poor man. I have no idea. I feel like you need to buy a bunch of Saint Michael medals and scapulars and just plant them all over the lab and the office to protect him from whatever evil hates him so much.

EDIT: You can have the office be like Uncle D & Aunt L's house with the holy water by the door. Hahahahahahaha.

---

I had 2 ads come in late for HC. Now I have to figure out where to place them in an issue that's already set for design. Silly people. Not a big deal, but I don't get why we have an ad deadline if no one pays attention, haha.

Edited by MissyP89

Cooper University Health Care is searching for a team player to work in the public relations department as a full-time Manager of Public Relations. The position requires a BS degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations plus 5+ years experience in media relations, public relations and/or journalism, preferably in healthcare. Excellent oral and written communications skills and evidence of media placements a must. Crisis communications and interview experience required. A team player that is deadline and detail oriented. The manager will be responsible for writing for several hospital vehicles including press releases and advisories, emails and newsletters. Contributes to pool of proactive story ideas and messaging that align with Marketing and Public Relations goals. Contributions to media relations event planning and implementation. Assists in video production projects. Feature writing for web and print production. Also shares in 24-hour on-call support. Benefits and competitive salary.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Happy Birthday, BRIAN!!!!!!!

It's my birthday!

I am now this many:

[spoiler]apolo(1).jpg[/spoiler]

Bad news for you, Big Boy - you now have 20 years of school ahead of you......

I don't have the experience quite yet. It'd be a sweet gig, though. I'm thinking about eventually hopping the fence into public relations. Less of a transportation requirement.

Your tabby makes my heart flutter. He reminds me SO much of my Missy. :love: And poor Gwen. She's such a trooper.

Edited by MissyP89

Bad news for you, Big Boy - you now have 20 years of school ahead of you......

You bite your tongue! Just because it looks like one of his colleagues will be there 20 years (the infamous J) doesn't mean he will, too. At least I hope not. :hehe:

Oh no, I didn't even think about the problems his colleague was having!!!!   All I meant was I knew he had FINISHED his school.... and if he was only THAT MANY FINGERS he had a lot of IN CLASS WORK ahead of him.

I don't want you guys waiting another 20 years -- OH NO!!!!!!!!

J's experiment continues to find new ways to break.  He's talking to techs at various companies and they're all like:

"This is a ridiculous hypothetical situation, you have nothing to worry about, that doesn't happen."

"No, this isn't hypothetical, this is the third time it's happened on three separate pieces of equipment."

"...I...don't know what to tell you...I have never heard of this happening...ever"

Brian, tell J I'll get a bunch of people to start praying.  This is weird....  truly.....

brianthephysicist

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Brian, tell J I'll get a bunch of people to start praying.  This is weird....  truly.....

"The operative fallacy here is that we believe that unconditional love means not seeing anything negative about someone, when it really means pretty much the opposite: loving someone despite their infuriating flaws and essential absurdity. 'Do I want to be loved in spite of?' Donald Barthelme writes in his story 'Rebecca' about a woman with green skin. 'Do you? Does anyone? But aren’t we all, to some degree?'” --New York Times opinion columnist Tim Kreider

brianthephysicist

G stopped by my office today with a present for my birthday.  She wrote me a card and bought me a journal.