An Old School Catholic Message Board

Boston Bombing News Thread

Era Might

This is starting to feel like The Dark Knight, first the false reports that someone was arrested, now supposedly they evacuated the Federal Courthouse downtown and a hospital.

elizabeth09

Here we go again.

I remember what happen last year with Dark Knight Rises.  It might be opening day and the bomb thing happen.  Some of us even still what to go see it still.  We even told each other that if we hear something that is not part of the movie, then it must be real.

First thing I thought when I heard the suspects were Chechnyan? Hasan.

Don't be shy, now's your moment to shine, what do we need to know about Chechnya.

I have been reading updates.

The suspects are two brothers from Russia. The older brother was killed by police after resisting during a manhunt where they were throwing homemade grenades etc at police. The younger brother to my knowledge is still on the run but their pictures have been released to the public from the FBI.

Certain areas in Boston have been completely shut down as the manhunt continues.

I just heard the uncle speak. He expressed condolences to the victims' family and said that he would meet with them. Words to his nephew? "Turn yourself in [and] beg for forgiveness."

This seems more like a movie more than real life. I blame the media, but I can't shut the tv off.

Fear not, the appropriate amount of self-loathing has been applied.

FutureSister2009

I'm scared. But I keep reminding myself I'm not in Boston. But this guy could be anywhere by now if they don't catch him

Wow, the younger suspect was at a local college the same semester I was, who knows I might have seen him.

elizabeth09

I have been reading updates.

The suspects are two brothers from Russia. The older brother was killed by police after resisting during a manhunt where they were throwing homemade grenades etc at police. The younger brother to my knowledge is still on the run but their pictures have been released to the public from the FBI.

Certain areas in Boston have been completely shut down as the manhunt continues.

I heard from my sister that there were three brothers.  One was dead? The other two brothers got into a police car.  One got shot, somehow got out of the car, if he was ever in the car, and was driven over by the last brother.

(Don`t worry, I do believe you, Era Might, it remind me what my sister had told me today.)

KnightofChrist

I may be wrong but I wonder if the elder brother intimidated to some degree the younger brother. The elder's online profiles show an deep obsession with radical Islam, while the younger quotes rap songs and talks about smoking. Of course I could be wrong. And yes it really wouldn't matter the younger should have called the cops.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Appears these guys were into radical Islam (quite likely recruited by a terror group, though the last I heard, we don't know enough to say anything with certainty).

The Religion of Peace strikes again.  (No doubt deeply disappointing those liberals who disgustingly hoped this vile murder could help advance their own politics.  From Salon a couple days ago:  "Let's Hope the Boston Marathon Bomber is a White American."  Sadly, not a joke.)

How disgusting that anyone should hope anything about the bombers, other than that they be swiftly stopped, apprehended, and brought to justice.