An Old School Catholic Message Board

Boston Bombing News Thread

Era Might

I'd much rather see him go to prison, get a visit from the Pope, turn to Christ, and become an upstanding citizen.

Lilllabettt

he took a bag with a bomb inside it and put it down directly at the feet of a family of four, mom dad and two little kids.

what drives a teenager to such evil.

Thanks be to God that the young man has been taken into custody. Eternal memory to all who died in these terrorist attacks.

Lilllabettt

p.s. the death penalty is not a question of who deserves it. many people deserve to die. the question is, do we deserve to kill.

PhuturePriest

I say good job to the police, and nay to the death penalty. There have been enough people killed.

Do the surrounding religious communities inform their members especially the cloistered ones I wonder?? it's possible for people like that to jump walls etc.

PhuturePriest

Do the surrounding religious communities inform their members especially the cloistered ones I wonder?? it's possible for people like that to jump walls etc.

They're cloistered, but not clueless. They do have an idea of what is going on in the outside world. For instance, Carthusian Monks are given newspapers and such, and are allowed to go out and vote during presidential elections. They are just as updated as we are about these things, though for obvious reasons they likely don't receive the news as fast as we do.

KnightofChrist

He is guilty (presumably) of grave capital crimes and has demonstrated that he is a grave danger to society. I don't wish him dead but if  capital punishment is a result for his crimes so be it. His rights to life were forfeited when he murdered four innocents if he die as justice for their blood I have no problem.