An Old School Catholic Message Board

Things That Have Dumbed Down Our Culture

Kateri89

Theological relativism, i.e., the inability to distinguish between true and false theological propositions. For example, people who dumb down the faith of the Catholic and Apostolic Church by confusing Muslims - i.e., individuals who are followers of the false religion founded by Muhammad - with Islam - i.e., the false theological system established by Muhammad in opposition to the true faith of the Catholic and Apostolic Church.

It is impossible to worship God the Father without the Son - as  both scripture and tradition clearly teach - and Islam as an ideological system is predicated upon an explicit denial of the dogmas of the Incarnation and the Trinity. It is terrible to see "Catholics" who - for the sake of political correctness - dumb down the Orthodox faith of the Church by denying these two revealed dogmas through statements that advocate the heresy of theological indifferentism.

Theological relativism, i.e., the inability to distinguish between true and false theological propositions. For example, people who dumb down the faith of the Catholic and Apostolic Church by confusing Muslims - i.e., individuals who are followers of the false religion founded by Muhammad - with Islam - i.e., the false theological system established by Muhammad in opposition to the true faith of the Catholic and Apostolic Church.

It is impossible to worship God the Father without the Son - as  both scripture and tradition clearly teach - and Islam as an ideological system is predicated upon an explicit denial of the dogmas of the Incarnation and the Trinity. It is terrible to see "Catholics" who - for the sake of political correctness - dumb down the Orthodox faith of the Church by denying these two revealed dogmas through statements that advocate the heresy of theological indifferentism.

How can you say religions other than Catholicism are false? If you were born muslim are and you live a moral life is your soul still bound for an eternity of separation from God? 

I think ignorance of other cultures has dumbed down Catholics for quite a while now. 

You do not need to worship the God the Father and God the Son in order to enter heaven. You need to live a moral life. That is all. Moral people of any religion can enter the kingdom of heaven. It is not our business to say who can and who can't. God's infinite grace can save those of other religions. 

From my experience the only people who engage in the business of saying who can and cannot enter heaven are Christian Fundamentalists. 

Oh no.... :covereyes:

Whats wrong? How do any of us now that Catholicism is the correct religion? Accepting and praising God the Father and God the Son are far less important than living a moral life. "Faith" alone does not save one's soul. 

I smell a debate but this thread isn't intended to be one so please start a new thread if that's where this is going.

Living a moral life will not get you into Heaven.

Only Jesus can get you into Heaven. 

What if you are born into a culture where you cannot seek Jesus? I think it is a dangerous train of thought to say that God's grace is limited to those who know Jesus. How could it be so black and white? 

There are "Catholics" who accept Jesus as their LORD and lead lead terrible lives. Do they go to heaven? 

Morality is far more important than accepting Jesus as your LORD and savior. 

ToJesusMyHeart

Are you sure you're Catholic? 

Because you are outright rejecting the teachings of the Catholic Church right now, which state that you need Jesus to enter Heaven. 

Are you sure you're Catholic? 

Because you are outright rejecting the teachings of the Catholic Church right now, which state that you need Jesus to enter Heaven. 

I'm not sure what I am. I was raised Catholic, and spent 12 years in Catholic schools. If you truly accept Jesus as your LORD and savior, would you be acting immorally? I'm saying morality is the most important factor because actions speak much louder than words. And I believe that people who have never been given the chance to know Jesus can enter heaven as long as they lead moral lives. 

ToJesusMyHeart

Morality is an important factor, but it is not the most important. Loving Jesus is the most important, and if you truly love Jesus, then you will act morally because of your love for Him.

ToJesusMyHeart

I believe that people who have never been given the chance to know Jesus can enter heaven as long as they lead moral lives. 

This is true. If a person has truly NEVER heard the Gospel, then of course they are faultless in not knowing Jesus. 

But if a person hears the Gospel and purposefully rejects Jesus, that is where they get themselves into trouble. 

homeschoolmom

honey boo-boo.

ahahahaha... I thought that was your response to the little debate going on... Then I realized you were answering the question.

So, um yeah... let's get back on topic.