An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer Reading Competition

Byzantine

Anastasia13

I have a near 900 page book of Pushkin's poetry, prose, and plays out from the library. Can we divide this book up? Sections/plays perhaps?

Anastasia13

Hey L&T -- I know what you mean about some of those docs of Vat II being really short.... but some of them are long, too.... so it all balances out.   Certainly longer than CCC's lamp instruction booklet, as bilingually enlightening as it must be.  !Que cosa!

Should we propose an approximate minimum length to include them?

Anastasia13

Sure. Although in this case I might wonder if you really want to do that.

I'm reading canon law already, but I think that might be delayed with car shopping research. Blech.

Edited by Light and Truth

As far as the whole nickname thing....

how about.... da Bomb!

:getaclue:

u no like?   da bomb! is considered a compliment....  ?

Edited by AnneLine

Maybe...  I think Byz needs to make final determination, but maybe if little docs, combine 2 or 3?  Say 20 pages of VII docs or something?   And list the docs read?  

I kinda feel sameway about baby Bible Books.... some of those Pauline letters are more like emails.....

I submit an official protest. Nihil must name all 200 books he read before he gets credit. 

Sustained. Nihil's score will be printed in smaller font until he substantiates it.

I have a near 900 page book of Pushkin's poetry, prose, and plays out from the library. Can we divide this book up? Sections/plays perhaps?

Definitely divide that up! Plays definitely count as 1. Then I guess count by section?

Maybe...  I think Byz needs to make final determination, but maybe if little docs, combine 2 or 3?  Say 20 pages of VII docs or something?   And list the docs read?  

I kinda feel sameway about baby Bible Books.... some of those Pauline letters are more like emails.....

Yeah, I guess. Go with what feels like a book. To keep things simple, let's say Bible books over 5 chapters count. Go with your preference for Vatican documents and such. Shouldn't matter too much, considering that right now a Thomas the Tank Engine book would count for the same as a work by Shakespeare.

Nihil, 200

Cartermia, 7

Byz, 7

Chrysophylax, 3

Ploomf, 2

Ardil, 2

Spem, 1

AnneLine, 1

Da Bomb, 1

Winnie the Pooh, apparently 1

Byz, I love you. :)  You made me LAUGH!!!!!   

OF COURSE Thomas the Tank and Shakespeare would be the same -- they're BRITISH!!!

I wonder if the Teletubbies did a book... ?

I just read another book (and it ties in so beautifully!):

Victorian Farm by Alex Langlands, Peter Ginn & Ruth Goodman

It is the companion book to the wonderful BBC series!    Here's a link to a promo video for the series (series is available on Youtube, btw...) -- the book parallels it, adding additional info, recipies, photos, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92zlfBpqlQ8

Here's a link to the book..... (includes the additional section on the Victorian Farm Christmas.... plum pudding, anyone?)

51ZnBiVeuEL._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Victorian-Farm-Christmas-Ruth-Goodman/dp/1862058717/ref=pd_sim_b_4

Still reading away on my STNG novel, as well....

Edited by AnneLine

u no like?   da bomb! is considered a compliment....  ?

Yes, it's beast.  Especially if I was a kid with my pantaloons halfway down my ass and wearing a flat brimmed baseball cap.  :getaclue:

Byz, I love you. :)  You made me LAUGH!!!!!   

I wonder if the Teletubbies did a book... ?

:)

I think I used to have a Teletubbies book, actually.

Finished Judith and Ephesians.

Nihil, 200

Byz, 9

Cartermia, 7

Chrysophylax, 3

Ploomf, 2

Ardil, 2

AnneLine, 2

Spem, 1

Da Bomb, 1

Pooh Bear, 1

Anastasia13

I have finished reading joint statements and agreements between the Catholic and Oriental Orthodox churches.

Nihil, 200

Byz, 9

Cartermia, 7

Chrysophylax, 3

Ploomf, 2

Ardil, 2

AnneLine, 2

Spem, 1

Da Bomb, 1

Pooh Bear, 1

LT, 1