An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer Reading Competition

Byzantine

Nihil Obstat

I can tolerate ungodly amounts of spinach.  :eat:  I just don't get it enough.

I only like it in smallish amounts when raw. But I eat piles and piles of it if it's prepared in something that's been cooked.

Nihil Obstat

I finished The Half Blood Prince around the 9th, and I'm almost done with The Deathly Hallows.

Have you got to the part yet where Nagini gives Professor McGonagall a fatal bite, but she chops off her head with her dying breath?

PhuturePriest

Have you got to the part yet where Nagini gives Professor McGonagall a fatal bite, but she chops off her head with her dying breath?

I'm at the part where Bill warns Harry to be careful about any deals he makes with the Goblin, and Harry realizes he's screwed.

Nihil Obstat

I'm at the part where Bill warns Harry to be careful about any deals he makes with the Goblin, and Harry realizes he's screwed.

Ah, so it's still coming up. Excellent. You'll be so surprised when it happens. :|

Anastasia13

Pushkin: [2] Folk Tales, The Take of the Pope and of His Workman Balda and The Tale of the Golden Cockerel.

Edited by Light and Truth

I would think that you would have to eat an ungodly amount of any of those things to be at a medically significant risk of kidney stones though.

I do love rhubarb, but it is expensive.

So do spinach, chocolate, rhubarb and nuts. :(

If you eat anything, you will die eventually.

Wait a second...

Cartermia, 11

Byz, 9

Chrysophylax, 3

LT, 3

Ploomf, 2

Ardil, 2

AnneLine, 2

Spem, 2

Da Bomb, 1

Pooh Bear, 1

Trisha, 1

FP, 1

Edited by Byzantine

Chrysophylax

I just read three more!

The Theif, The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Attolia , all by Megan Whalen Turner.

And (I don't remember if anyone asked) do audiobooks count? If so, then I have also read/listened to In the Best Families by Rex Stout. (Amazing!!!!) If anyone has not read, listened to, or watched any Nero Wolfe mysteries, they should!

I am tempted to ask if you will unclude all the manga I read, but I have decided not to. :P

I just read three more!

The Theif, The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Attolia , all by Megan Whalen Turner.

And (I don't remember if anyone asked) do audiobooks count? If so, then I have also read/listened to In the Best Families by Rex Stout. (Amazing!!!!) If anyone has not read, listened to, or watched any Nero Wolfe mysteries, they should!

I am tempted to ask if you will unclude all the manga I read, but I have decided not to. :P

Audiobooks count. Comic books count, but graphic novels do not :P So whether your manga counts is up to that classification. Do remember to name titles or else your score goes in small print.

Nihil, 200

Cartermia, 11

Byz, 9

Chrysophylax, 7

LT, 3

Ploomf, 2

Ardil, 2

AnneLine, 2

Spem, 2

Da Bomb, 1

Pooh Bear, 1

Trisha, 1

FP, 1

If you eat anything, you will die eventually.

Wait a second...

If you don't eat anything, you'll die quicker.

This is very true!    No eat, no more reading, either!

Just read "All New Square Foot Gardening" -- which might be useful to spinach and rubarb lovers.... ;)

9781591862024.jpg

I would definitely second enjoying all the fruits of the earth with a side of To Kill a Mockingbird, btw... great book!

Edited by AnneLine

She chopped off a head with her breath?  That is one fatal case of halitosis!  Yucko.

Audiobooks count. Comic books count, but graphic novels do not :P So whether your manga counts is up to that classification. Do remember to name titles or else your score goes in small print.

Nihil, 200

Cartermia, 11

Byz, 9

Chrysophylax, 7

LT, 3

Ploomf, 2

Ardil, 2

AnneLine, 2

Spem, 2

Da Bomb, 1

Pooh Bear, 1

Trisha, 1

FP, 1

I would like to submit a further protest that the font size for Nihil is still too large.  And he should be listed at the bottom, not the top.  And he should have an asterisk after his name, like that baseball guy that broke Hank Aaron's record or something.  And the font should be a different color, like a sickly green. That should cover it.

Yes, I am very bitter.  :(

This is very true! No eat, no more reading, either!

Just read "All New Square Foot Gardening" -- which might be useful to spinach and rubarb lovers.... ;)

9781591862024.jpg

I would definitely second enjoying all the fruits of the earth with a side of To Kill a Mockingbird, btw... great book!

And if you eat the leaves of the rhubarb you won't be reading much either!

She chopped off a head with her breath?  That is one fatal case of halitosis!  Yucko.

No. Read the book.

I would like to submit a further protest that the font size for Nihil is still too large.  And he should be listed at the bottom, not the top.  And he should have an asterisk after his name, like that baseball guy that broke Hank Aaron's record or something.  And the font should be a different color, like a sickly green. That should cover it.

Yes, I am very bitter.  :(

Overruled. We are not taking punitive measures; we are merely expressing that his score is contested.

Nihil, 200

Cartermia, 11

Byz, 9

Chrysophylax, 7

LT, 3

AnneLine, 3

Ploomf, 2

Ardil, 2

Spem, 2

Da Bomb, 1

Pooh Bear, 1

Trisha, 1