An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer Reading Competition

Byzantine

So great to see all of us so excited about reading!    It's so easy to get out of the habit!  

Now, off the computer, all of us!

Finished The Great Divorce today. :) Now starting Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett.

Edited by ploomf

Chrysophylax

I just finished The Hunters; Brotherband Chronicles book 3, by John Flanagan.

It was amazing!!!! Now I have to go back and read the first one again!

Much to the chagrin, no doubt, of certain heresiarchs, I have finished 2 Maccabees.  Sacred Scripture, FTW!!!!! 

Also, Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie. 

LOVED the Secret Adversary... been a few years... maybe a reread this summer....... Thank you Doctor, Sir!

more books for you... I think I need to quit reading so much...

The Book Thief (awe.some book I highly recommend it)

The Thief Lord

The Drowned City

I cannot remember if you have already counted this one but it is--The Europa Conspiracy

Thanks for you guys comments on the Lord of the Flies.

It does not appear after a brief search that you had logged it. I'll check again at another time.

Nihil, 200

Cartermia, 14 or 15

Byz, 10

Chrysophylax, 8

AnneLine, 4

LT, 3

Ploomf, 3

Da Bomb, 3

Ardil, 2

Spem, 2

FP, 2

Pooh Bear, 1

Trisha, 1

LWS, 1

On further review, the word Europa does not occur before Cartermia's thread from 18th June at 11:59 AM. The score is therefore confirmed as

Nihil, 200

Cartermia, 15

Byz, 10

Chrysophylax, 8

AnneLine, 4

LT, 3

Ploomf, 3

Da Bomb, 3

Ardil, 2

Spem, 2

FP, 2

Pooh Bear, 1

Trisha, 1

LWS, 1

Well it was magic breath, so yeah.

Y'all are mad jelly.

I'm sorry.  Between all the adolescent magic books and urban dictionary slang, I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here, sir.

Try writing something like this.  It suits you.*   <_<

Catholicterp7

I LOVE THIS THREAD :woot: 

I read Bertram's Hotel (My first Agatha Christi and I loved it!), One of Our Thursday's is Missing, The Hound of Baskervilles, The Valley of Fear, The Adventure of Wisteria Lodge 

The Adventure of the Cardboard Box, The Adventure of the Red Circle, The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans, The Adventure of the Dying Detective, The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax, and His Last Bow, the last nine of those being Sherlock Holmes stories. I'm in the process of reading all of Sherlock Holmes. I'm almost done! :) 

I'm also in the process of re-reading Maurice and Therese and A Shepherd's Look at Psalm Twenty-three. 

Nihil Obstat

I'm sorry.  Between all the adolescent magic books and urban dictionary slang, I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here, sir.

Try writing something like this.  It suits you.*   <_<

Am I correct in assuming that we are using green to signify your crippling envy?

Anastasia13

I read Bertram's Hotel (My first Agatha Christi and I loved it!), One of Our Thursday's is Missing, The Hound of Baskervilles, The Valley of Fear, The Adventure of Wisteria Lodge 

The Adventure of the Cardboard Box, The Adventure of the Red Circle, The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans, The Adventure of the Dying Detective, The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax, and His Last Bow, the last nine of those being Sherlock Holmes stories. I'm in the process of reading all of Sherlock Holmes. I'm almost done! :)

I'm also in the process of re-reading Maurice and Therese and A Shepherd's Look at Psalm Twenty-three. 

I'm in the process of reading like 3 things.

Are all of those Holmes stories books?

Nihil, 200

Cartermia, 15

Catholicterp: 11?

Byz, 10

Chrysophylax, 8

AnneLine, 4

LT, 4

Ploomf, 3

Da Bomb, 3

Ardil, 2

Spem, 2

FP, 2

Pooh Bear, 1

Trisha, 1

LWS, 1

Catholicterp7

Are all of those Holmes stories books? I would argue yes because you can buy them individually though mine is the complete collection. 

Nihil, 200

Cartermia, 15

Catholicterp: 11?

Byz, 10

Chrysophylax, 8

AnneLine, 4

LT, 4

Ploomf, 3

Da Bomb, 3

Ardil, 2

Spem, 2

FP, 2