An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer Reading Competition

Byzantine

Does re-reading count? Or only new books?
Today I re-read Castaways of the Flying Dutchman (Brian Jacques, a old favorite of mine and the author who inspired my love of reading when I was younger), and finished Bolo! by David Weber. And yesterday I read Jennifer by Dee Henderson. (It was a rather sappy book, not my favorite.)
I'm sad I did not see this thread earlier! I read a lot.

I have a signed copy of that. He was my favorite author as a child. I always thought that was his best series.

Is anyone willing to go back, count up all the books people have logged, and then compare your numbers with mine?

No...

:(

Finished ROTK.

Nihil, 200

Cartermia, 15

Byz, 13

Catholicterp: 11

Chrysophylax, 9

AnneLine, 4

LT, 4

Da Bomb, 4

Ploomf, 4

Ardil, 3

FP, 3

Spem, 2

Pooh Bear, 1

Trisha, 1

LWS, 1

Edited by Byzantine

LittleWaySoul

I'm getting close to finishing two books now. Woooo! Then I'm not sure where I'll go. Probably try to finish the Moonstone and then move on to some other half-finished books. Yay for reading!

LittleWaySoul

I just finished the Gospel of Matthew.  I give the ending two thumbs up. :like3:

:hehe:

Chrysophylax

Ok. I re-read the first Brotherband Chronicles book, The Outcasts, by John Flanagan. Also by John Flanagan the first and second rangers apprentice books, The Ruins of Gorlan and The Burning Bridge. I also read The Foundling by Georgette Heyer. I love that book!

Finished STNG Guises of the Mind by Rebecca Neason.    Same review as before - not the best Star Trek Next Generation novel on the planet, but interesting subplots that made me think and pray. 

Anastasia13

I've read 7 issues of Axe Cop and 6 of Dr. McNinja. Do those count?

If it does, can I get credit for Consumer Reports used car guide minus the full directory of cars?

Okay.  I see it's going to be that way.

I've read the liner notes on several podcasts and music collections. Some of them may have been only a couple words long, but I did certainly read them.

Put me down for 250.

Can I count every time I read my check book?

Oh... that's right... I haven't written a CHECK in years!