An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer Reading Competition

Byzantine

AOK, Mr. Obstat    :hehe2:   Not a problem. :cheers:  Still is fun having you yank on our chains from time to time...  ;)

I've finished 1 Timothy, the greatest name for a biblical book in the whole bible.

All children and pets should be named Timothy.  Timothy FTW!!!!!!

O-K!   Recording your progress!   And it sounds like a definite Thumbs Way Up for 1Tim!

1_timothy_title.jpg

(And why am I hearing, "My name is Bombay, Timothy Bombay"..... naah... couldn't be....)

Got any plans for your next book, Doctor?

Edited by AnneLine

O-K!   Recording your progress!   And it sounds like a definite Thumbs Way Up for 1Tim!

1_timothy_title.jpg

(And why am I hearing, "My name is Bombay, Timothy Bombay"..... naah... couldn't be....)

Got any plans for your next book, Doctor?

Indeed.  I hear the sequel to 1 Timothy might even be better!!!!

I'm currently reading Rapture: The End Times Error....something, something, something.  Does a splendid job thus far of destroying prot inventions.

Recorded.... let us know if you follow up on those sequels...

For myself, in addition to the Arm of the Starfish (L'Engle) I am currently working my way through the Liturgy of the Hours Vol III (Ordinary Time 1-17) and just starting Out of the Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)...

Edited by AnneLine

I cry foul on LOTH!  That's a prayer book, not a book that one reads cover to cover!  Unless I get credit for my Maryknoll Missal and Holy Ghost Prayer Book too.  Plus, Popular Catholic Novenas and those kind folks at St. Jude's have sent me at least two dozen St. Jude prayer books over the years.  I should get credit for those as well!

Sorry for delay in responding... Phatmass wouldn't let me in!

I cry foul on LOTH!  That's a prayer book, not a book that one reads cover to cover!  Unless I get credit for my Maryknoll Missal and Holy Ghost Prayer Book too.  Plus, Popular Catholic Novenas and those kind folks at St. Jude's have sent me at least two dozen St. Jude prayer books over the years.  I should get credit for those as well!

Well I wasn't going to claim all 2015 pages!  :)    I just figure I do spend about an hour a day reading it... it ought to be worth something other than pure Praise (although I'll settle for that if Byz tells me to move it off the list...)  I figured to claim about 500 pages from start of competition to when that volume 'ends' -- in about another 4 weeks.  (Probably should be more, but hey... I'll play fair....)   I don't think THAT's too outrageous....  I think Byz should be able to claim his Service Books as well.....  yup, I would think so....

You can calculate your own mileage on the Missals, Novena Books, etc. if you want, Dr. B.  Just as long as you are reading them during this challenge.... Seems fair to me...?  What do the rest of you think!

If you all want it out, I'll take it out.... community before counting....

Mortality was 104 pages :)

Got it!

LittleWaySoul

Got it, LWS.   What do you think about the LOTH -- OK to count, or not?

I'm leaning towards no, but I'm not quite sure... :idontknow:

I'll abide by whatever Byz decides, but I'm definitely hearing a preference for 'no' so far.... and I certainly could live with that.... See, doc Bomb, we do listen to you.... and thank you LWS for your input....

Anybody else have input, numbers, books, rants, etc?   I think everyone has their noses in books!

I would say no for the LOTH as well. I read "Ordinary Work, Extraordinary Grace" by Dr. Scott Hahn. I read it on a Nook so I'm unsure of exact page numbers, 100-120 though.

It's my favorite of his books, coincidentally it's also the one he dedicated to his son Joe, who's a good friend of mine. He has dedicated a book to each of his children.

LittleWaySoul

I would say no for the LOTH as well. I read "Ordinary Work, Extraordinary Grace" by Dr. Scott Hahn. I read it on a Nook so I'm unsure of exact page numbers, 100-120 though.

It's my favorite of his books, coincidentally it's also the one he dedicated to his son Joe, who's a good friend of mine. He has dedicated a book to each of his children.

This is super cool. What's the book about specifically? Judging simply based on the title, it seems to be in line with the SOS household in general, so that would make sense that you liked it and it was dedicated to Joe. Or perhaps I'm only showing my own ignorance here :P