An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 4: Musings & Revelations

MissyP89

YOU GUYSSSSS.

I'm going to a bridal expo on Tuesday! :woot:

As luck should have it, it's being held at the venue currently at the top of our list of contenders. I'll be excited to check the place out.

I think I might watch this season. It's been a very long time, since college. (I had taken to watching 19 Kids and Counting during that time slot, lol). But I think Cote leaving has everyone paying attention.

Ah gotcha lol.  Knew you said you'd fallen off the boat, but still.  Last season was a killer btw.  Vance's wife and Eli David were both killed.  Ziva and Tony have been unofficially hunting her dad's killer.  I agree, Cote leaving does have everyone paying attention...honestly, I don't think there will be a season 12 now.  Replacing a female lead is easy in the first couple seasons like they did with Kate's actress, but not after a good eight seasons of having the same female lead.

TOMORROW:

All columns and pics in system

TTD needs numbering (when do dummies come out?)

health fair story -- srsly, just knock it out in a day. Keep it under 700 words and be done with it.

BUDGET.

OK, magazine is in design, health fair story is painfully getting done, and I'm rocking my purple for a wedding expo tonight.

Speaking of ... guess which Phatmassers are penciled in for a wedding??? :woot:

All I'll say for now is that Annie is going to pee her pantaloons with happy. :)

Edited by MissyP89

Had a lot of fun at the bridal show. Won us a nice discount on invitations and got to taste some stuff and look at dresses. The bad news is that our prospective date is booked.

So, we either need to change the date or look for another reception hall. We might want to go elsewhere anyway, since guests would have to be at the reception by noon and can't get the church til 11 a.m. 

Decisions, decisions. Things are going to be a little crazy for us the next few times we're together, I think. It's good we're going on retreat for my birthday. I might need it by then. :|

It has been a terrible few weeks, but my breast cancer issue is heading out the door tomorrow. It will be ready when I walk out the door tonight.

I am really, truly proud of the work I did on this one. I'm always happy, but this one means a lot more since I've had to put it together entirely on my own. It feels amazing to remember that I can deliver when the chips are down and everything goes to hell.  :flex2:

The things to do list is done. Our managing editor hated the cover design job and has asked for a do-over, which made the design studio really angry. But I am not in charge of that and J says he'll make sure they get it right. OK, boss.

On the wedding front, after a lot of unnecessary stress and tears, we are on the hunt for a new reception spot. I am humbling myself by letting my parents help us, even if we're doing fine by ourselves both practically and financially. It's a way I can let them love me. It might not be my preferred way, but if I am learning anything about this process, it's that compromise is key.

All I have left to do next week is my bridal guide story, one interview, and some recipes in the evenings. But I think it's safe to say I'm almost out of the woods.

God has been so present in all of this. It's not been pretty, but I made it through.  :cheers:

Edited by MissyP89

• 3 weeks later...