An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 4: Musings & Revelations

MissyP89

missionseeker

OMG. THE CHAIR OF THE MUSIC DEPARTMENT AT THE COMMUNITY CHOIR IS EXCITED BECAUSE HE'S SINGING THE MISSA BREVIS WITH US. 

I am flipping out. 

I know Daily Mail is like the joke of the Journalism world, but did you see where they got caught red handed plagiarizing Cracked.com?

As the Next Web reported, Ruth Styles posted a story on Sunday about the “world’s worst tourists,” citing examples of travelers doing such horrendous things as defacing a 3,000-year-old Egyptian temple and beachgoers posing for a photo with a dying dolphin. The concept of the story was indistinguishable from anarticle published a day earlier by Cracked writer XJ Selman. Styles’ story even uses the same five examples and many of the same photos.

Selman called out the Daily Mail in a tweet, saying he had been plagiarized, and calling the website “mean.” Styles’ article was updated on Monday morning, and now includes a small citation and link at the very end (for more on this story, see cracked.com), but it’s unclear when that information was added. The article, as of Monday afternoon, has 463 comments, many of which are from readers criticizing Styles for so blatantly rehashing the idea.

Daily Fail = Epic Fail = Daily Mail?

Plagiarizing a comedy website for news is like watching the mainstream media plagiarize comedian Jon Stewart lol

Why am I back in New Jersey?

I miss my future husband and my new little friends in NC. And even Papist. But only a little bit. He fed me fried chicken and bbq and alcohol. I have to miss him a little bit.

I am totally dreaming of hush puppies. 

But I am trying to get my eating habits back under control. ;)

Missy,

Clara mentioned you in her prayers last night.  And Joseph said he wished you and B could live with us forever. I told Joseph no, I can't stay up til 1am forever.

Argh, that girl. She sure knows how to hit me in the heart. <3

What are y'all doing the weekend of Sept. 6-8? Maybe we can arrange a Skype date or make a video message for them.