An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 4: Musings & Revelations

MissyP89

missionseeker

Every time I sing this now, I sing it for our family. Singing is praying twice, after all.  :love:

Who wants to sing with me?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcVTbyJqis&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL1ABFE78A27E0C9CF[/media]

singing *well* is praying twice. :P 

for some reason people always leave out the qualifier. lol. :P 

Every time I sing this now, I sing it for our family. Singing is praying twice, after all.  :love:

Who wants to sing with me?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcVTbyJqis&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL1ABFE78A27E0C9CF[/media]

You I can hold a grudge...that song challenges me every time I hear it.  But, I'd sing it. 

/was singing along with Air1 in the office today when no one else was in the building

Indeed we also work, but we are only collaborating with God who works, for his mercy has gone before us. It has gone before us so that we may be healed, and follows us so that once healed, we may be given life; it goes before us so that we may be called, and follows us so that we may be glorified; it goes before us so that we may live devoutly, and follows us so that we may always live with God: for without him we can do nothing. --St. Augustine

Digging deep into the idea that if something doesn't lead me to God, I don't want it in my life ...

It's made for a lot of life-sifting and rooting out of influences that are just plain unhelpful. But at the same time, it's also led to keeping difficult situations and people in my life because, while they may not be pleasant, they teach me how to love in a fuller way.

I'm learning so much. It's not been the easiest six months, and I spend a lot of time crying and being frustrated and wondering where the @#$% this will all lead, but every now and then God lets things calm down enough for me to see just how GOOD all this struggle has been. 

I'm finally starting to think that struggling is worth it.

Edited by MissyP89

This picture gives me chills. Someday, I hope this is what I will see walking toward my husband-to-be. What?????

540683_488260681254943_2078480062_n.jpg

Today's mental background noise as I work on deadline stuff: nuptial Mass, or Rite of Marriage Outside Mass?

There are lots and pros and cons to both options and so today I am mulling it all over.

FEELING this. It sounds like Mumford & Sons!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcSWpVKKMcs[/media]

Edited by MissyP89

Brunch: Bagel with Nutella and sliced banana. Because sometimes it's absolutely necessary.

missionseeker

NUPTIAL MASS!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's more fun that way. Even your family who hates Mass will think "now that was beautiful"

You need to discern what the two of you want.

My dad wasn't Catholic, and most of my husband's family don't practice. 

The priest tactfully tried to steer us away from the Mass...

Mr AL and I would have none of it.  We wanted a Mass. We wanted the Trinity to share in our big day!!!!   We wanted the blessing.  We wanted to invite them into OUR space... and everyone loved every moment of it.

You guys get to have what you want for your wedding.   Do it.  Whatever IT is....

Edited by AnneLine