An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 4: Musings & Revelations

MissyP89

I got great pictures after all! I was looking for college students on campus but I was having a hard time with people either not wanting to be photographed or no students being around because of summer. But one of my amazing photogs pulled it off.

---

So much amazing news coming down the pipe today. It makes every struggle and all those prayers worth it. God is so good.

So NOW my Thursday deadline is 9:15. :woot:

I'm going to stay until 9:30 on Thursday nights still so I don't lose too much money, but that will come in handy on nights I have company at home. :bounce:

Oh, yeah. It's lots of fun. I didn't see it in 3-D because my eyes don't process it correctly, but I'm willing to bet it'd be neat that way. Besides, movies at the theater are special. You can buy a DVD anytime, you know?

---

So now that I told Brian, I can post it here -- my childhood best friend got engaged about a month ago, after being with his high school sweetheart for 7 1/2 years. Yesterday, he came over so we could see the movie. But it turns out he also had ulterior motives. He asked if I would be his best woman. :) :) :)

His fiance's best friend is a girl, and he and I have been through everything together (he was my first boyfriend, actually) in the past 10 years. I'm so glad I get to do this for him. It's gonna be epic. :bounce:

Brand new day, brand new week, brand new opportunities. Tying up August and starting September this week. Thank You, God.

MissScripture

Brand new day, brand new week, brand new opportunities. Tying up August and starting September this week. Thank You, God.

And the rest of us are only in July! :P

I know. I'm supposed to be working on the Fall Affordable Things to Do List right now, and it's going to be 97 this week.  :wacko:  

Congrats to C on getting engaged, if I'm right on who it is!  And I'll definitely try to see Despicable Me 2 before its out of theaters (in 2D if possible...eyes can process it, but I still tend to like 2D better)!

brianthephysicist

Got your text earlier and made me smile.

Also, J (other J) came late from a blood drive today so I said screw it, I'm gonna go too.  For those that don't know, when my older bro was in high school, he went to a blood drive and a month later he got a cease and desist order telling him he had a number of unusual diseases and that he should see a doctor immediately and never give blood ever again.  Turns out they were just diseases he was vaccinated for when we were kids in Japan.  I had the same vaccinations, so I always assumed that I wouldn't be able to either so I never even tried.  

J was talking about how every so many years they change what disqualifies people from giving so it'd be worth it to try.  Worst case, I lose a few hours of work and learn my blood type.

While I was there waiting in line, A showed up so we had a good time waiting together and chatting.  While they were prepping me, they had her sit on the bed directly in front of mine.  I made her laugh telling her I would throw things at her.  While I was sitting there giving blood, I had a chance to pray the divine mercy chaplet, asking that even if they ended up not being able to use the blood, that it would somehow still be a gift or source of growth for me or some good, even if it's tiny and I never end up knowing about it.  After I was finished giving blood, they told me to wait on the bed until they had a free person available to walk me over to the snacks area.  They had music playing and over the music I heard a weak voice saying something to the effect of "excuse me, ummm guys?" and looking forward I see A's arm weakly raised about head level weakly waving.  I called over to the tech (nurse?) and he came rushing over quickly followed by another tech and immediately started helping her out.  She ended up being okay, but the tech came over to thank me because even though it wasn't serious this time, there are instances where it is and they greatly appreciate it.  

She ended up having to lay in the bed for awhile until she felt well enough to walk.  They told me that even though I was done I couldn't stand or sit over by her bed so I asked if I could stay in my bed until she felt better.  Gratefully, they were accommodating about that.  When she felt better, we walked over to the snacks area and hung out there some more until she decided she was ready to go back to physics.  She promised she would take a nap on the couch at her office.  She was grateful that I was there, because even though we're not close, it was really comforting to have a friendly face and someone to simply be there.

Now to wait for my cease and desist order...lolololol