An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 4: Musings & Revelations

MissyP89

I will admit, MissionSeeker, my first thought was.... what in heaven's name is she cooking?  With rollerblades?   Is she flattening the fresh meat?  Then my sleepy brain figured it out.   :rolleyes:

missionseeker

LOL. It's roller derby, fresh meat is no skills. level one is some skills. level two is more skills, level 3 is ready for the rink on bout day. so I got a bit to go, but I'll get there. 

So excited for you, Cat! Someday I'll get to watch YouTube vids of you tearing up the rink. Yeeeeeah.

Had a killer amazing weekend. Lots of emotions, but truly good stuff happened thanks to all of it. Got some great time in front of the Blessed Sacrament yesterday at the Fools for Christ festival, and had second row seats for the Audrey Assad and Righteous B concert that night thanks to me needing a place to park my wheels.

There were also freezy pops, super long walks and a diet of mostly cream cheese. I am mosquito bitten and bruised and full of love.

Going to New York is always a very different experience from when Brian comes home to NJ. It's just us up there, so we end up doing a lot more domestic stuff together. I always enjoy that little taste of the future.

I walked by one of the journo profs telling a story to one of the orientation groups and thought of you Missy, her story didn't, just the journo thing.  Skipping the end, "So basically what I'm getting at is that a key to writing a story on the War on Drugs is to remember one simple rule.  Drug Czars good, Drug Lords bad."

Focus gone. I have a poem on my heart that wants out now. Home soon?

Edited by MissyP89

So the poem didn't get written, but we did nail down stuff for the trip to NC at the end of the summer. Things even out.

Edited by MissyP89

Had a really wonderful time with the deacon's wife this morning. She says I'm doing beautifully. Lots of things to think about now ... gonna try to leave it on the back burner until I'm done work. Gotta write my cover story today.

What's the month's cover going to be about?   And... how did that mac & cheese turn out?

Oh, right! It was tasty. I'll do it in the oven next time with a different recipe, but for the purposes of our party it came out exactly like it should and tasted good, so I'll count it as a victory.

The July 31 cover is a survival guide for college students. Working with the local county college as well as my alma mater and another local state school to pull it all together.

I have a couple ideas for the September issue (out August 28), but not sure what I want to pursue. Been wanting to write about food sensitivities for a while, particularly among children, but everything we do requires photos and I need some solid ones. Hard to photograph this.