ilovechrist Posted June 9, 2004 Posted June 9, 2004 ohio rocks socks. why did we move down here to NC? i dunno--i had people offering to keep me there for a couple years... geesh. at least i get to go to Steubie.... and go back to my 2nd home
let_go_let_God Posted June 10, 2004 Posted June 10, 2004 Ohio is the best one in my opinion. I remember when it was still under the big red and white tent, before they built the new sports pavilion. I mean the classic old school days of Stubie (with the tent) but the meaning and the true spirit is growing bigger and more powerful than ever.
ChronoMasta Posted June 10, 2004 Posted June 10, 2004 [quote name='let_go_let_God' date='Jun 10 2004, 03:58 PM'] Ohio is the best one in my opinion. I remember when it was still under the big red and white tent, before they built the new sports pavilion. I mean the classic old school days of Stubie (with the tent) but the meaning and the true spirit is growing bigger and more powerful than ever. [/quote] So there's no tent anymore? At least Steubenville East is still under a tent, and we get to rough it out by sleeping on the GROUND!!
let_go_let_God Posted June 10, 2004 Posted June 10, 2004 No there's not at least for the main gathering area. The left the tent when they built the new pavilion there. I believe that they still use the tent though for one of the main Confession and mini gathering areas. Now, I've been going to Stubie North, and that is at the University of St. Thomas. There are NO TENTS what so ever. There's also no room for them too. Only perk that it does offer over the real Stubie was the opportunity to meet more people because there is less space. You can litterally run into someone and just talk with them. Also it's easier to find your group if you need to.
Aloysius Posted June 10, 2004 Posted June 10, 2004 hmmm i'm going to steubenvill tonight. you can see me in all dark blue jeans and plain vertical ribbed shirt. PAX
ilovechrist Posted June 10, 2004 Posted June 10, 2004 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 10 2004, 05:08 PM'] hmmm i'm going to steubenvill tonight. you can see me in all dark blue jeans and plain vertical ribbed shirt. PAX [/quote] lucky you
ThyWillBeDone Posted June 10, 2004 Posted June 10, 2004 I am going to Steubenville East I this year. Really excited, went last year and it was great. I am going with my old high school, I graduated last year. Looking forward to having some good catholic fun with the kids and the priest from my old high school.
ChronoMasta Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='Jun 10 2004, 08:11 PM'] remind me which one Steubie East is?? [/quote] Attleboro, MA!!! It is THE BEST one out there... and the only one I've been to.... :ph34r:
ilovechrist Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 lol i'd consider that NORTHeast. considering Atlanta is SOUTHeast.
let_go_let_God Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 I can't wait for stubie north. Its July 30 through Aug 1 I am so ready to start a countdown!
ilovechrist Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 countdown? i have... like 35 days or so.. i can't figure the exact #.. too tired.. *off to bed.. then spots the Lakers on TV! ACK! forgot about the game tonight! rushes over to sofa*
let_go_let_God Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 I have 51 days I thought it was less than that ACK!!! Now it seems so far away, but my time that I get to spend in Europe will make it feel like it comes quicker!!!
ChronoMasta Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='Jun 10 2004, 08:30 PM'] lol i'd consider that NORTHeast. considering Atlanta is SOUTHeast. [/quote] Is there even a north east one?
Aloysius Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 Steubenville, Ohio, IS in the Northeast, is it not? lol. I live like an hour away from it.
let_go_let_God Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 11 2004, 02:31 PM'] Steubenville, Ohio, IS in the Northeast, is it not? lol. I live like an hour away from it. [/quote] I wouldn't call it North East persay. Although not much is north of where I live in the US. ( I know theres Canada but I'm talking in the US ) I would call the real Stubie East and the NE one would be NE.
Aloysius Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 In a map of the United States of America Ohio is in the northeast it's not farthest northeast, but it doesnt havta be
ChronoMasta Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 11 2004, 02:31 PM'] Steubenville, Ohio, IS in the Northeast, is it not? lol. I live like an hour away from it. [/quote] Um... I thought that the Northeast was just the 6 New England states and New York... Ohio is much closer to the middle of the states than anywhere else... or maybe more north.
let_go_let_God Posted June 12, 2004 Posted June 12, 2004 Ok I'm from northern Minnesota, but I find it completely ironic that I have to travel south to go to Stubie North.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now