An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

If we all did that, Facebook would die. :(

And good riddance!

After spending so much time with it for my day job, I'm about ready to jump ship. :P

ChristinaTherese

Facebook is nice for things where you really want to shout from the rooftops. Like the flood of posts I've seen letting people know we're alive, unhurt (well, most of us), reeling in shock, and otherwise life goes on. There are friends I wouldn't have notified if it weren't for facebook, just because I wouldn't have thought. And other stuff, like talking to a large group of people all at once about class stuff (changes to our final that haven't been stated by our profs yet, for instance). But, for a lot of stuff, I agree that facebook may as well die. But I kind of like it since Thursday....

Spem in alium

I went AWOL from Facebook and they started emailing me almost daily with updates on notifications and messages. They must want me so bad.  :hehe2:

ChristinaTherese

I went AWOL from Facebook and they started emailing me almost daily with updates on notifications and messages. They must want me so bad.  :hehe2:

Um. Yes. They started doing that.

You gals should really consider email filtering or even blacklisting the Facebook domains so that you don't get flooded.

ChristinaTherese

I can't. The reason I'm on facebook at all is that they send me emails when my friends post things that matter in one particular group.

I can't. The reason I'm on facebook at all is that they send me emails when my friends post things that matter in one particular group.

If it's a gmail account, just filter it into a different folder.

Spem in alium

You gals should really consider email filtering or even blacklisting the Facebook domains so that you don't get flooded.

Yes! Should do that, actually!

ChristinaTherese

Another option, of course, is creating an email address specifically for junk, and giving it to facebook. I'm pretty sure that's the only email I get at gmail anymore, it's just that I want enough of the emails they send that I can't do anything about the rest. I want to see my classmates' posts. And they haven't been too obnoxious lately... but I've actually been online, because of everything and the flood of worthwhile posting in the aftermath of Thursday.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VZYG00_qvE[/media]

This is a starling. They sound like R2D2.

I saw that! I can't comprehend how this artist does it, but it probably helps he's been doing it for 36 years or something.