An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

I am a bit tired of conventional weddings. I'm tired of dancing and staying out late and people drinking far too much alcohol and wearing horrible plastic shoes just because they match the tux. I'm also rather tired of this attitude that many people have, which leads them to believe that because I am not extroverted and do not like to drink lots of wine that I am somehow broken and need to be tended to and corrected.

You, sir, are a smart man.

And it will be interesting to see how you and Ploomf give us a different vision of how a wedding can be done.  :)

When Mr. AL and I had our wedding, we did it the way we wanted for the most part.  And everyone THOUGHT it would be super-boring because after all, it was old AL and Mr. AL... who couldn't dance, didn't much like to drink, basically were BOOORRRRRIIIIINGGGG....

And they had a blast... and are still talking about what a fantastic wedding it was.

YOU GUYS AND GOD JUST DO IT YOUR WAY!!!!!!!   :rabbit: :heart: :rabbit:

I do bet you looked stunning in a tux, however, ARFink.... and I am sure Ploomf (and the rest of us!) would enjoy pictures..... if you are so inclined....

TheresaThoma

Do it how you want. My sister and her husband decided they didn't want dancing at their reception and instead everyone would play board games. It was a great time!

One of my daughters had a potluck and bonfire at our farm for the wedding reception.  It was great.  

So, apparently last Wednesday, June 11 2014, was the 125th birthday of the invention of pizza by Raffaele Esposito. I propose we shall all celebrate this coming Wednesday as the closing of the great Octave of Pizza! :D

Katie is coming! :bounce:

And I am cleaning, which is remarkably more bleh, but if she has to suffer a long ride in a really tiny regional jet then I can tolerate cleaning I guess. :P

YOU sound like a keeper, ARFink!   Katie aka Ploomf is one lucky lady!  

WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!  :rabbit: :heart: :heart: :heart: :rabbit:

The imposters continue to go after my employer. Someone has it in for us, and things be getting quite nasty. :P Pray for us!

Edited by arfink

Humph.   Well, at least you know it is *not* UNintentional.  Any chance you can get 'em exposed for racketeering or some such?  After all it sounds like an organized effort to go after your employer.....

delorean-limo.jpg

Katie and I should get one of these to take us to the reception after the wedding mass. ;)

Only if you plan to take an entire HERD of people with you, ARFink...  Maybe you should go for one of these instead....

ferrari-458-italia1.jpg?w=620

Actually... more I think about it... Ploomf wouldn't want to crush her gown in that dress, ARFink.  

I think maybe somethng more like this... but with BUNNY EARS for the horses????

horsedrawncarriage-300x195.jpg

Nah, a Ferrari is much too blah and not nearly inconvenient enough to be truly cool. Now a Countach on the other hand...

Lamborghini_Countach_LP500S.jpg

I still think Ploomf might find it a little tough to get into in a wedding gown...but perhaps you could attach her to the stabilizer on the rear?   

alfa%20romeo%20with%20bride%20and%20groo