An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies That Blew

Winchester

Winchester

It's all about light and dark, yin yang; everything's got an opposite: up an down, black and white God and lawyers. So we had a favorite movie thread, now let's rip someone's hard work to shreds and discuss movies that blew.

Dungeons and Dragons, for casting Prince as a female elf, the worst bad guy ever in leftover makeup from that wham video from the 80's. Shoulda been good, shoulda made us nerds stand up and cheer, instead it sent us back to our parent's basements with our dice bags between our legs.

Van Helsing.

The scenery should have been dark, brooding and beautiful. It was neither.

The vampires should have been intriguing and lush. They were dorks.

The hero should have been bold and inspiring and bold. He was dumb.

Troy

whatever....

peace...

I was also disappointed by Troy; my expectations for Van Helsing were so low because of so many poor reviews ahead of time that I actually was able to enjoy it.

The Punisher, also out this year, was much much worse than I'd expected, and my expectations hadn't been that high. It was awful.

The Avengers, which by rights should have been quite good with Ralph Fiennes, Uma Thurman and Sean Connery, was also just plain bad.

[b]The Day After Tomorrow[/b]: Was expecting to see more locations being effected. I also expected it to have longer scenes of these events, they seemed too short.

I agree so far with all the posts, Van Helsing, Troy, D and D.

I know I will get some sharp criticism, but I don't care.

Shrek 2 was awful.

It was geared toward a PG audience when it should have been rated PG-13.

Pinnocio(sp) was dumb and have some issues that I didn't even find entertaining.

Boring, Lame, terrible jokes, overused humor.

And the ending was awful!

voiciblanche

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Jun 2 2004, 11:40 PM'] [b]The Day After Tomorrow[/b]: Was expecting to see more locations being effected. [/quote]
You're right about that. In the trailers it was as if the whole world was going to be destroyed - and then it was only like a couple of hundred people.

crusader1234

Harry Potter 2 - the first one was so much better! WHAT HAPPENED? HP3 is gonna be off the hook.

Crusader_4

I was really dissapointed with Troy too...just didnt do justice in any form to the illyiad.

I heard Shrek2 was pretty bad because of the jokes that no child should have to hear about (Pinocchio cross-dressing for one)

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 3 2004, 12:27 AM'] Harry Potter 2 - the first one was so much better! WHAT HAPPENED? HP3 is gonna be off the hook. [/quote]
I agree completely. I was so disappointed, I fell asleep during it. Well, actually, it was more that I saw the movie at 10 o'clock pm on a day that I had school. :P But I didn't like it as much as the first. But I'm really excited about the third one. It looks good. It's coming out tomorrow!

HomeTeamFamily

dantes peak.......one of the worst movies ever created.....so easy to see through and prolly the most fake acting ever

on a side note, my dad and some of his coworkers used to have "bad movie fridays" where during lunch they would watch like a lowbudget scifi movie from the 60s or something and make fun of it the whole time, pretty funny i think haha

I know this movie is realllly old, but i just saw it

Don Juan de Marco

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much sex for a pg-13 (or R) movie!

Mystery Science Theatre 3000, best show ever! Has anyone else seen it?

D&D was wicked bad, though I heard from a self professed geek that it was an "aquired" taste....

Whatever I thought it was a disgrace to the genre.

[i]Euro Trip [/i]is the most offensive and unfunny piece of carp created by man. <_<

I want that 2 hours of my life back please. :sadder: