Carrie Posted June 6, 2004 Posted June 6, 2004 [quote name='geetarplayer' date='Jun 4 2004, 06:00 PM'] I loved Pi! It was very interesting and artsy! Yeah! [/quote] I love Pi too. I think it's one of the most interesting movies I've seen. Really makes you think! Ok, the one I absolutely hate is Blair Witch Project. It was the worst movie I've ever seen! I left the theater looking like this
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 7, 2004 Posted June 7, 2004 [quote]He contrasts the U.S. with Canada, which according to him has a comparable number of guns per capita, but a significantly lower per capita homicide and violence rate.[/quote] Ummm...didn't Canada recently ban civilian ownership of guns by anyone but police officers, soldiers, or hunters? The fact is that gun violence is terrible, but that doesn't make the incredibly false statistics and movie clips from Columbine any more valid. If he has a point, then he should use reality to back it up. Otherwise, his movie should be thrown out of the court of public opinion. On another note, it won the Oscar for best documentary. The problem is that it isn't a documentary. Documentaries have to be truthful.
Winchester Posted June 7, 2004 Author Posted June 7, 2004 What are the finer points of the DaVinci code's literary gems?
crusader1234 Posted June 7, 2004 Posted June 7, 2004 [quote]Ummm...didn't Canada recently ban civilian ownership of guns by anyone but police officers, soldiers, or hunters?[/quote] Hahaha, so many Canadians are mad about this. Well, we arent mad about it, since its not actually being done, but the fact that it was proposed. We spent a CRAZY amount of money on the gun registry and its not looking too good. And ther wouldnt be a ban, you just have to register it and follow strict strict rules. I debated this last year. As for the Da Vinci code's finer gems - The Writing Style The fusion of art history, religious beliefs, and mystery The use of puzzles Might I ask if you ever read the book? Or did you just read about how it says things you dont believe in are true?
Maddalena Posted June 7, 2004 Posted June 7, 2004 [quote name='Luthien' date='Jun 4 2004, 10:13 PM'] MST3K-Quest of the Delta Knights. I almost died laughing at that one. [/quote] I love MST3K! n_n
popestpiusx Posted June 7, 2004 Posted June 7, 2004 I think I will start a thread to debate gun control (so we don't hijack this thread).
homeschoolmom Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 Bad, bad, bad... and not in a good way.
ardillacid Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 [quote name='voiciblanche' post='210030' date='Jun 4 2004, 10:07 PM'] School of Rock - that movie was horrible. [/quote] That was one of the best ever [quote name='popestpiusx' post='210355' date='Jun 5 2004, 09:58 AM'] Too many firearms???? Not possible. [/quote] :applause: The Client...I could not wait for it to be over.
TheOliverOrder88 Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 Date Movie was probably the worst I've ever seen.... Saved is another I actually did leave. Fast-Food Nation was pretty terrible too, had no focus whatsoever.
Didymus Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 school of rock was an awesome movie. The Constant Gardener was stupid. (Speaking of the gun control topic)
Seven77 Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" very dope concept...reminded of me of that cartoon, "Tale Spin" but horrible acting, corny dialogue, overly muted colors--"dreamlike" best scene was underwater chase... i think. too bad. "King Kong" the natives were a little much. the giant bugs. everything was ugly except for Naomi Watts. i guess it wasn't a total loss
xTrishaxLynnx Posted February 8, 2007 Posted February 8, 2007 These are a few movies that I found so lame that I didn't finish them... The Science of Sleep Everything is Illuminated (Elijah Wood didn't even save that one) My Super Ex-Girlfriend
onathing1 Posted February 9, 2007 Posted February 9, 2007 (edited) Ok let's see if I can remember all the horrible ones I've seen... Last Kiss My Super Ex-Girlfriend Talladega Nights The Setinel Mission to Mars League of Extraordinary Gentlemen The Ring Strange Brew Black Dahlia You, Me, and Dupree Accepted Tuck Everlasting Bubble Boy The Night Listener Oh goodness, I know of so many others but none are coming to mind right now... Edited February 9, 2007 by onathing1
ardillacid Posted February 9, 2007 Posted February 9, 2007 [quote name='onathing1' post='1189113' date='Feb 8 2007, 10:28 PM'] Ok let's see if I can remember all the horrible ones I've seen... Last Kiss My Super Ex-Girlfriend [b]Talladega Nights[/b] The Setinel Mission to Mars League of Extraordinary Gentlemen The Ring Strange Brew Black Dahlia You, Me, and Dupree Accepted Tuck Everlasting Bubble Boy The Night Listener Oh goodness, I know of so many others but none are coming to mind right now... [/quote] Blasphemer!
sarcasmguy126 Posted February 9, 2007 Posted February 9, 2007 Movies (especially sequels) that REALLY blew/disappointed me: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest...what the heck happened? Action scenes were boring, all of it was pretty much in bad taste (cannibals, slimy, maggot-infested men/sea creatures, too many out-of-character characters, gloomy scenery, no good swordfights ('Black Pearl's" fencing was very well-done). HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban The first two were good, but at this one i completley stopped watching the HP films...it was boring (no Quidditch match, prob my fave part from the first 2), and far too frightening for a PG movie, might i add i know there are other films that have let me down but i can't think of any more off the top of my head... that is why we cannot put our full trust and faith in wordly things, but in God. peace out
Didymus Posted February 9, 2007 Posted February 9, 2007 Will Ferrel isnt that great. I think he's funny, but I wouldnt blame someone who doesnt like some of his movies. I thought the ring was creepy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now