An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies That Blew

Winchester

American Pie...watched the first one and felt sick...didn't watch it all the way through...pretty sure the second one is horrible too...

you got served
(i know there's more i just don't know why i can't think of any right now!)

crusader1234

I like offensive humour :S... haha :huh:... I found that whole Pope sequence to be offensive but still hilarious in Eurotrip. If it had insulted the Pope I would have been mad but instead it just makes fun of idiots running around the Vatican... oh well. I found American Pie funny too... Crusader_4 agrees with me - then again we are in highschool so who can blame us.

IcePrincessKRS

We left House on Haunting Hill (or whatever it was called) when I was in college.... later Matt rented it and I watched most of it....

I liked Van Helsing... guess I'm a sucker for Hugh Jackman. ;)

Ghosts of Mars BLEW. Really blew.

Final Destination. Again REALLY BLEW.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote] Harry Potter 2 - the first one was so much better! WHAT HAPPENED? HP3 is gonna be off the hook.[/quote]

Well, the second book was the worst of them so far as well...

Has everyone forgotten "The Core"?

I mean...come on...the suits could only last 4,000 degrees and the black guy managed to last long enough in 8,000 degree temps to save the day...and the guy who gets hit and falls into the lava...he was in a vacuum...after getting hit, he wouldn've imploded, not just stood there looking all mystified...and when the last man alive pulled out the carbon rods, they burnt his hands and he pulled them away and yelled lightly like he'd been burnt by a piece of toast...and yet, the same carbon rods melted through steel chain links in a matter of seconds...I mean in the single digits...and then the ship generated power? How convenient for the ending that would allow the hero and heroine to make out for who knows how long at the end before the scuba divers got to them...and that brings up another point...how the heck did the scuba divers stand the pressure at the sea floor in nothing but wetsuits? ARGH!!!

[quote] Mystery Science Theatre 3000, best show ever! Has anyone else seen it?[/quote]

Of course, I'm an MST3K nerd! The movie is the best..."May your forehead grow like the mighty oak..."

homeschoolmom

OOOOOh... I love MST3K!!! We just watched the DVD of "I Accuse My Parents"... very weird... They made those in a suburb just near us... la-la-la!

crusader1234

I thought Dogma was funny :huh:? A Jesuit agreed with me so I'm guessing its not a sin to laugh at things which poke fun at faith.

Has anyone seen the sci-fi movie V?

That is the WORST MOVIE EVER. We watched it in French class and I was so bored me and my friends snuck out of class and went and had lunch.

Kilroy the Ninja

I'm sorry to have to admit this, but we actually watched Charlies Angels 2 - as if Charlies Angels 1 wasn't bad enough. But I was in the mood for a really dumb movie.

As it turned out, it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy beyond bad.

I probably should go to confession for that.

MST3K Rocks!!

homeschoolmom

Mystery Science Theater 3000. It's a bunch of old B-movies... and a bunch of robots making sarcastic remarks...

IcePrincessKRS

I saw Charlie's Angels 2, too.... *ducks and hides* I didn't think it was going to be as bad as it was....

Rollernball was kinda..... dorky.... it did have its moments, though. It certainly held my attention long enough that I actually watched the whole thing without getting up (we rented it). But I wouldn't watch it again. Ironically I was just thinking of that movie today, I stopped by my friend's dorm and they were watching hockey and it reminded me of it. lol

homeschoolmom

Wow... this thread is making me glad we don't have a lot of time to go out to the movies... When we do, we pick a good one.