Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 Also please note the difference between "PHYSICAL ADDICTION" and "PSYCHOLOGICAL ADDICTION". The former being classified as producing heavy withdrawal and a sickness that is incredibly difficult to bear, and the latter being classified as manageable by proper will power. I suppose coffee isn't physically addictive either ? You will hang out for coffee if you have enough of it regularly enough and you stop suddenly and yes there will be physical withdrawals, and i think your talking about alcoholics as is the study and not those that moderate there alcohol consumption.
Isidore_of_Seville Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 (edited) I suppose coffee isn't physically addictive either ? You will hang out for coffee if you have enough of it regularly enough and you stop suddenly and yes there will be physical withdrawals, and i think your talking about alcoholics as is the study and not those that moderate there alcohol consumption. You are saying that coffee is the same thing as marijuana. They are not the same thing, as is made clear by their different names and different chemical properties. Edited October 23, 2013 by Isidore_of_Seville
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 (edited) Right, so the article and info you linked is from 2007 (which was almost 7 years ago, by the way) which is when medical marijuana use was just getting more popular and more studies were beginning to emerge. It has since been proven that marijuana very rarely creates a physical dependency, so rare that is not classified as being physically dependent by most researchers. You are entitled to you opinion, but I will only accept your stance on marijuana if you tell me that you feel the same way about alcohol. Otherwise you would be a hipocrit, as here is one graph from the very article you linked, which completely contradicts your statement that "Marijuana accounts for most adolescent drug treatment admissions". Yes, I am using the very article you linked to prove you wrong. I was not trying to make the point that alcohol is so much safer, but that marijuana is still dangerous and legalizing it does lead to crime (all-be-it in a slightly different way than , and the original article was slightly biased. My original sources included talks by: Former Assistant U.S. Attorney and member of an Organized Crime/Drug Enforcement Task Force; District Attorney; Assistant District Attorney; International Gang & Cartel Expert /Correspondent; Criminal Lawyer and Drug Policy Expert; Professor at Harvard Medical School; several state government legislators; Attorney, Government Litigation and Lead Expert on Marijuana dispensary litigation; city attorney; several people in media communications; Founding Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy in the School of Pharmacy/ Department of Economics, and Leonard Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, University of Southern California; three sheriffs; and an undersheriff. Which of the above titles of people would like the names and my best help to get you in contact with them for your sources? Smoking marijuana is dangerous and dumb. It has multiple long term medical effects that damage the body. There are safer alternatives being developed. We can legalize marijuana in some ways, but it still won't be fully legal. While we may not have as many arrests for marijuana possession, we will increase other crimes as well as exposure of marijuana to children-the most vulnerable to addiction and to having their lives damaged. And yes, if I drank a remotely nearly as frequently as often as you smoke marijuana, I would lose so much self-respect. A brain is a valuable tool, not to be taken lightly. Edited October 23, 2013 by Light and Truth
Isidore_of_Seville Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 (edited) I was not trying to make the point that alcohol is so much safer, but that marijuana is still dangerous and legalizing it does lead to crime (all-be-it in a slightly different way than , and the original article was slightly biased. My original sources included talks by: Former Assistant U.S. Attorney and member of an Organized Crime/Drug Enforcement Task Force; District Attorney; Assistant District Attorney; International Gang & Cartel Expert /Correspondent; Criminal Lawyer and Drug Policy Expert; Professor at Harvard Medical School; several state government legislators; Attorney, Government Litigation and Lead Expert on Marijuana dispensary litigation; city attorney; several people in media communications; Founding Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy in the School of Pharmacy/ Department of Economics, and Leonard Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, University of Southern California; three sheriffs; and an undersheriff. Which of the above titles of people would like the names and my best help to get you in contact with them for your sources? Smoking marijuana is dangerous and dumb. It has multiple long term medical effects that damage the body. There are safer alternatives being developed. We can legalize marijuana in some ways, but it still won't be fully legal. While we may not have as many arrests for marijuana possession, we will increase other crimes as well as exposure of marijuana to children-the most vulnerable to addiction and to having their lives damaged. And yes, if I drank a remotely nearly as frequently as often as you smoke marijuana, I would lose so much self-respect. Also, for the love of God please read the initial article that Cross Cut posted. Edited October 23, 2013 by Isidore_of_Seville
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 Wow, that is persuasive. Maybe I can hear that from someone that doesn't put mind-altering substances in their body every day too. :p
Isidore_of_Seville Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 Wow, that is persuasive. Maybe I can hear that from someone that doesn't put mind-altering substances in their body every day too. :P All you gotta do is read the article that Cross Cut posted and your wish will be granted :)
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 Also, for the love of God please read the initial article that Cross Cut posted. I even referenced the opening of it in one of my posts, but the best argument for legalization isn't that it is safer by is one based on economics.
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 (edited) All you gotta do is read the article that Cross Cut posted and your wish will be granted :) You paid some measure of attention to the disclaimer of who wrote the article, right? Follow the money... Edited October 23, 2013 by Light and Truth
Isidore_of_Seville Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 I even referenced the opening of it in one of my posts, but the best argument for legalization isn't that it is safer by is one based on economics. They are both solid arguments. Are you around on skype? I would love to show you who I am and talk to you. I think it's quite mean that you said if you lived like me you would lose your self respect. You have no idea who I am. Don't be so judgmental, Jesus had a whole thing about that.
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 (edited) They are both solid arguments. Are you around on skype? I would love to show you who I am and talk to you. I think it's quite mean that you said if you lived like me you would lose your self respect. You have no idea who I am. Don't be so judgmental, Jesus had a whole thing about that. I'm sorry you feel that way. Let me put it another way. If I frequently ingested mind-altering substances that we not necessary for my life, ability to function in this world, or relief from great physical pain, and did so on a regular basis, I would lose a lot of self-respect because I would be violating my beliefs about the value of a life and body in light of what I have learned about science and the way they can affect the body. Were I to frequently do so for an above mentioned reason, I would do so after a lot of medical testing and alternatives were considered, using only legal substances out of respect for the government including my understanding of a Biblical/Christian view of government. If I acted against that on a regular basis, I would not see fit to respect that hypocrite I would be. You are welcome to PM me here. You might be surprised yourself at the medical conditions people I knew have faced. Edited October 23, 2013 by Light and Truth
Winchester Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 They are both solid arguments. Are you around on skype? I would love to show you who I am and talk to you. I think it's quite mean that you said if you lived like me you would lose your self respect. You have no idea who I am. Don't be so judgmental, Jesus had a whole thing about that. Safety is a BS argument. I don't care how unsafe something is for me, there isn't a person on this planet that has a right to threaten me with violence to prevent me from doing that something. The argument from safety presumes the government has some right of use over my body.
Winchester Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 I smoked weed twice. I'm pretty cool. No you're not.
CatholicsAreKewl Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 I smoked weed twice. I'm pretty cool. Lol, you should consider running for office.
Lil Red Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 Lol, you should consider running for office. don't give him any more ideas. LOL.
Anastasia13 Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 don't give him any more ideas. LOL. He should change his name first: http://youtu.be/wu-c3VgHCUQ
Lil Red Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 (edited) but slick willie is a good name for him :unsure: Edited October 23, 2013 by Lil Red
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now