An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marijuana Is Safer Than Alcohol

CrossCuT

I took acid once too...no wait I didn't.

After you took acid, you hallucinated that you didn't take acid.  Happens all the time.

I took acid once too...no wait I didn't.

I took it too, but it was citric acid and came inside of a citrus peel with fruit flesh.

As far as I know, no one has EVER overdosed and died from smoking weed.

Overdosed?  no, but committed suicide....I think the numbers would be frighteningly high if we ever cared to look.

Here is a quote from rather hefty article on a study done on just that. (link provided)

Our results suggest that the passage of a medical marijuana law is associated with an almost 5 percent reduction in the total suicide rate, an 11 percent reduction in the suicide rate of 20- through 29-year-old males, and a 9 percent reduction in the suicide rate of 30- through 39-year-old males.

The strong association between alcohol consumption and suicide related outcomes found by previous researchers (Markowitz et al. 2003; Carpenter 2004; Sullivan et al. 2004; Rodriguez Andres 2005; Carpenter and Dobkin 2009) raises the possibility that medical marijuana laws reduce the risk of suicide by decreasing alcohol consumption.

http://ftp.iza.org/dp6280.pdf

Also, an article from Pubmed:

An interpretation of the below Conclusion would simply be that those who have mental health related problems already tend to gravitate towards the use of marijuana. The use of marijuana does not cause suicide.

CONCLUSIONS:

Although there was a strong association between cannabis use and suicide, this was explained by markers of psychological and behavioural problems. These results suggest that cannabis use is unlikely to have a strong effect on risk of completed suicide, either directly or as a consequence of mental health problems secondary to its use.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19949196

Edited by CrossCuT

Has anyone seen Ich Klage An? It was a deeply moving movie which totally makes me support the killing of the mentally ill.