An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marijuana Is Safer Than Alcohol

CrossCuT

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The holy catholic church iz Chaste/1 women 1 man 1 God. 

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Weed is earth, earth is sorrow, because she is sad that her children are murdering children and children raping children etc etc. And she is also sad because tab is sad at bullying even for fun. And Jesus loves the earth, but the earth is only the birth and heaven is tha home, phone rome. rofl that's some random ish even for me. But it ain't all sorrow so don't despair and we should be sad about some things but also there is much things to be joyous about and give praise to our LORD. And she never gave birth to addicts, that's gluttony or greed or envy or jealousy perhaps.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

also i have to add and i know this is another succession post and i'm sorry for that but also christians aren't meant to smoke marijuana unless it has been prescribed by and accredited medical practitioner, and where it's not legal medically i think the christian must have been given permission to use the marijuana by there local bishop or at least a few priests that are in agreement that it is needed for the sick person or at least one in extreme circumstance like way out west and 1 travelling priest only available. Warning: This is just my point of view. Warning: Marijuana is very strong.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

This-Thread-is-bad-and-you-should-FEEL-b

I feel fantastic talking about this, weed control shouldn't be taboo. :) The good sons and daughters can learn a lot from the prodigals and lost sheep, perhaps even information that could save a future grand child or childs life and or sanity.

Yeah, people who can't handle stress and need to alter their mental state... that's weakness.

People who alter their mental state for "fun" ... well that's a trade off some people are willing to make. Maybe the experience of having their mental lights dim does not bother them. Other people want to operate at peak vitality. Ratzinger, for example, at one point decided to never take a drink because his position required him to be on the ball 100%.

btw, having done drugs is not a life sentence to mediocrity and failed potential.  The more you cut out the sharper your wits become. I think the only reason GWB got as far as he did was because he swore off it all.

So what other outdated stereotypes do you buy into so wholly?

Also, in reference to how you answered Zabbazooey earlier, you agree that marijuana does not harm your health however you defend your stance by promoting a stereotype and follow it up what appear to be excerpts from corny video games? "Life is something you dominate, if you're any good."

Do you feel this strongly with Alcohol too?

The ONLY reason people feel this way about marijuana is because they are too preoccupied with obsolete preconceptions about what type of people smoke it. Its an extreme disservice to yourself as well as other people. if you choose to be incredibly judgmental...then fine. But choosing to buy into these stereotypes prevents you from understanding whats really going on and leads you to ignore facts that modern technology and scientific understanding can bring us is going to make you weak. Dominate life Lilllabettt and do some research!!

Edited by CrossCuT

I mean, think of all the do-nothing, lowlifes, doping morons who are definitely NOT dominant in their lives...

Michael Phelps - most gold medals in Olympic history

Mark Zuckerberg - computer programmer and internet entrepreneur worth 16.8 billion dollars(who also went to Harvard teehee)

Steve Jobs - entrepreneur, inventor, and marketer worth 8.3 billion

Here is an additional list of people who have failed at life because of marijuana:

http://elitedaily.com/money/entrepreneurship/successful-potheads-time/

Oh, and another list of people whoes lives have been ruined:

So please update your stereotypes and get with the times. It isnt 1930 anymore.

:hehe2:

Edited by CrossCuT

KnightofChrist

As for the original topic, I can see how smoking marijuana to get high is safer than drinking alcohol to get drunk. But drinking alcohol in moderation compared to smoking marijuana, that I think is different. So long as the alcohol does not have a high percentage it would seem that it would be safer than smoking marijuana. Putting smoke into one's lungs intentionally, doesn't seem all that bright.

As for the original topic, I can see how smoking marijuana to get high is safer than drinking alcohol to get drunk. But drinking alcohol in moderation compared to smoking marijuana, that I think is different. So long as the alcohol does not have a high percentage it would seem that it would be safer than smoking marijuana. Putting smoke into one's lungs intentionally, doesn't seem all that bright.

Riiight..,youd almost be correct however you dont have to smoke a ton of marijuana to the point where you pass at JUST like you dont have to drink alcohol to the point where you pass out.

Drinking a little alcohol will give you a buzz...JUST LIKE smoking a little marijuana will give you a buzz.

How are the two different in that regard? People have this incorrect idea that ONE puff of marijuana suddenly renders you a potato. 

Also...the smoke from marijuana is pretty much completely harmless in regards to the health of the lungs. Srsly people, PubMed is not a hard resource to search. You can find a lot of awesome info there! I know that its easy to be afraid of smoke because of cigarettes (which by the way are HORRIBLE for you), but marijuana is just a plant. You're not smoking tar and rat poison with marijuana....rofl

The article I linked originally KoC was very clear in explaining how there are pretty much no long term health risks to smoking marijuana as they are with alcohol. 

I see no essential reason that it would be impossible to smoke marijuana in moderation. Right now people do not, typically, but that is a feature of prohibition as much as methanol-filled moonshine was a product of alcohol prohibition.
Good luck finding a light beer in the us during Prohibition.

I see no essential reason that it would be impossible to smoke marijuana in moderation. Right now people do not, typically, but that is a feature of prohibition as much as methanol-filled moonshine was a product of alcohol prohibition.

So you know how every single person smokes marijuana? haha

So what do you think happens when someone smokes? 

It appears that people think its an all or nothing sort of high...when in reality its almost exactly like alcohol.

So you know how every single person smokes marijuana? haha

So what do you think happens when someone smokes?
It appears that people think its an all or nothing sort of high...when in reality its almost exactly like alcohol.

You did not really read my post. Sad panda.

KnightofChrist

I need to have a wibbly wobbly timey wimey machine to fully test that theory. What I mean by not a high percentage is something like straight Everclear, or straight Vodka, compared to most beer or mixed drinks. Drinking a beer seems like it would be healthier than putting any type of smoke into ones lungs. Now if we're talking about hash brownies or something like that, sure maybe it's safer or healthier then.