Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 also i have to add and i know this is another succession post and i'm sorry for that but also christians aren't meant to smoke marijuana unless it has been prescribed by and accredited medical practitioner, and where it's not legal medically i think the christian must have been given permission to use the marijuana by there local bishop or at least a few priests that are in agreement that it is needed for the sick person or at least one in extreme circumstance like way out west and 1 travelling priest only available. Warning: This is just my point of view. Warning: Marijuana is very strong.
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 (edited) I feel fantastic talking about this, weed control shouldn't be taboo. :) The good sons and daughters can learn a lot from the prodigals and lost sheep, perhaps even information that could save a future grand child or childs life and or sanity. Edited October 25, 2013 by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
CrossCuT Posted October 25, 2013 Author Posted October 25, 2013 (edited) Yeah, people who can't handle stress and need to alter their mental state... that's weakness. People who alter their mental state for "fun" ... well that's a trade off some people are willing to make. Maybe the experience of having their mental lights dim does not bother them. Other people want to operate at peak vitality. Ratzinger, for example, at one point decided to never take a drink because his position required him to be on the ball 100%. btw, having done drugs is not a life sentence to mediocrity and failed potential. The more you cut out the sharper your wits become. I think the only reason GWB got as far as he did was because he swore off it all. So what other outdated stereotypes do you buy into so wholly? Also, in reference to how you answered Zabbazooey earlier, you agree that marijuana does not harm your health however you defend your stance by promoting a stereotype and follow it up what appear to be excerpts from corny video games? "Life is something you dominate, if you're any good." Do you feel this strongly with Alcohol too? The ONLY reason people feel this way about marijuana is because they are too preoccupied with obsolete preconceptions about what type of people smoke it. Its an extreme disservice to yourself as well as other people. if you choose to be incredibly judgmental...then fine. But choosing to buy into these stereotypes prevents you from understanding whats really going on and leads you to ignore facts that modern technology and scientific understanding can bring us is going to make you weak. Dominate life Lilllabettt and do some research!! Edited October 25, 2013 by CrossCuT
CrossCuT Posted October 25, 2013 Author Posted October 25, 2013 (edited) I mean, think of all the do-nothing, lowlifes, doping morons who are definitely NOT dominant in their lives... Michael Phelps - most gold medals in Olympic history Mark Zuckerberg - computer programmer and internet entrepreneur worth 16.8 billion dollars(who also went to Harvard teehee) Steve Jobs - entrepreneur, inventor, and marketer worth 8.3 billion Here is an additional list of people who have failed at life because of marijuana: http://elitedaily.com/money/entrepreneurship/successful-potheads-time/ Oh, and another list of people whoes lives have been ruined: So please update your stereotypes and get with the times. It isnt 1930 anymore. :hehe2: Edited October 25, 2013 by CrossCuT
KnightofChrist Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 As for the original topic, I can see how smoking marijuana to get high is safer than drinking alcohol to get drunk. But drinking alcohol in moderation compared to smoking marijuana, that I think is different. So long as the alcohol does not have a high percentage it would seem that it would be safer than smoking marijuana. Putting smoke into one's lungs intentionally, doesn't seem all that bright.
CrossCuT Posted October 25, 2013 Author Posted October 25, 2013 As for the original topic, I can see how smoking marijuana to get high is safer than drinking alcohol to get drunk. But drinking alcohol in moderation compared to smoking marijuana, that I think is different. So long as the alcohol does not have a high percentage it would seem that it would be safer than smoking marijuana. Putting smoke into one's lungs intentionally, doesn't seem all that bright. Riiight..,youd almost be correct however you dont have to smoke a ton of marijuana to the point where you pass at JUST like you dont have to drink alcohol to the point where you pass out. Drinking a little alcohol will give you a buzz...JUST LIKE smoking a little marijuana will give you a buzz. How are the two different in that regard? People have this incorrect idea that ONE puff of marijuana suddenly renders you a potato. Also...the smoke from marijuana is pretty much completely harmless in regards to the health of the lungs. Srsly people, PubMed is not a hard resource to search. You can find a lot of awesome info there! I know that its easy to be afraid of smoke because of cigarettes (which by the way are HORRIBLE for you), but marijuana is just a plant. You're not smoking tar and rat poison with marijuana....rofl The article I linked originally KoC was very clear in explaining how there are pretty much no long term health risks to smoking marijuana as they are with alcohol.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 As for the original topic, I can see how smoking marijuana to get high is safer than drinking alcohol to get drunk. But drinking alcohol in moderation compared to smoking marijuana, that I think is different. So long as the alcohol does not have a high percentage it would seem that it would be safer than smoking marijuana. Putting smoke into one's lungs intentionally, doesn't seem all that bright. I see no essential reason that it would be impossible to smoke marijuana in moderation. Right now people do not, typically, but that is a feature of prohibition as much as methanol-filled moonshine was a product of alcohol prohibition. Good luck finding a light beer in the us during Prohibition.
CrossCuT Posted October 25, 2013 Author Posted October 25, 2013 I see no essential reason that it would be impossible to smoke marijuana in moderation. Right now people do not, typically, but that is a feature of prohibition as much as methanol-filled moonshine was a product of alcohol prohibition. Good luck finding a light beer in the us during Prohibition. So you know how every single person smokes marijuana? haha So what do you think happens when someone smokes? It appears that people think its an all or nothing sort of high...when in reality its almost exactly like alcohol.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 So you know how every single person smokes marijuana? haha So what do you think happens when someone smokes? It appears that people think its an all or nothing sort of high...when in reality its almost exactly like alcohol. You did not really read my post. Sad panda.
KnightofChrist Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 I see no essential reason that it would be impossible to smoke marijuana in moderation. Right now people do not, typically, but that is a feature of prohibition as much as methanol-filled moonshine was a product of alcohol prohibition.Good luck finding a light beer in the us during Prohibition. I need to have a wibbly wobbly timey wimey machine to fully test that theory. What I mean by not a high percentage is something like straight Everclear, or straight Vodka, compared to most beer or mixed drinks. Drinking a beer seems like it would be healthier than putting any type of smoke into ones lungs. Now if we're talking about hash brownies or something like that, sure maybe it's safer or healthier then.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 I need to have a wibbly wobbly timey wimey machine to fully test that theory. What I mean by not a high percentage is something like straight Everclear, or straight Vodka, compared to most beer or mixed drinks. Drinking a beer seems like it would be healthier than putting any type of smoke into ones lungs. Now if we're talking about hash brownies or something like that, sure maybe it's safer or healthier then. Well, we are mixing our issues then. We are not really talking about health, because if we were we would have to come down much harder on cigarettes. They are sort of gross, IMO, but if we are prohibiting things based on long term health effects, cigarettes rank way worse than marijuana. Anyway, the point is this: the economics of prohibition make it pointless to produce 'light' joints, which is why over time we see THC concentration steadily increasing, leading to 'difficulty' in pointing out moderate marijuana use. Just like it would be difficult to point out moderate alcohol use in Prohibition era USA because of the fact that the people 'illegally' producing liquor made the strongest, nastiest stuff they could manage. Just a cost benefit choice, really.
havok579257 Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 The ONLY reason people feel this way about marijuana is because they are too preoccupied with obsolete preconceptions about what type of people smoke it. Its an extreme disservice to yourself as well as other people. if you choose to be incredibly judgmental...then fine. But choosing to buy into these stereotypes prevents you from understanding whats really going on and leads you to ignore facts that modern technology and scientific understanding can bring us is going to make you weak. Dominate life Lilllabettt and do some research!! If you don't agree with what I say then your wrong, your a fool and your an idiot for having your own opinion= classic political liberalism.
KnightofChrist Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 (edited) Well, we are mixing our issues then. We are not really talking about health, because if we were we would have to come down much harder on cigarettes. They are sort of gross, IMO, but if we are prohibiting things based on long term health effects, cigarettes rank way worse than marijuana.Anyway, the point is this: the economics of prohibition make it pointless to produce 'light' joints, which is why over time we see THC concentration steadily increasing, leading to 'difficulty' in pointing out moderate marijuana use. Just like it would be difficult to point out moderate alcohol use in Prohibition era USA because of the fact that the people 'illegally' producing liquor made the strongest, nastiest stuff they could manage. Just a cost benefit choice, really. Well, I was never really talking about the prohibition issues with weed. But, I like the argument that there should be an amendment to the US constitution for it. And I do think that the current prohibition against it is unconstitutional without such an amendment. Also I agree cigarettes are worse than smoking weed. Anyway, I just wanted to point that if safer means healthier then I believe consuming alcohol is safer, than smoking weed. I know that there are other ways to consume weed. But it is by far the most common way it is consumed. Edited October 25, 2013 by KnightofChrist
Nihil Obstat Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 (edited) Well, I was never really talking about the prohibition issues with weed. But, I like the argument that there should be an amendment to the US constitution for it. And I do think that the current prohibition against it is unconstitutional without such an amendment. Also I agree cigarettes are worse than smoking weed. Anyway, I just wanted to point that if safer means healthier then I believe consuming alcohol is safer, than smoking weed. I know that there are other ways to consume weed. But it is by far the most common way it is consumed. I would have to disagree about alcohol. Here is a nifty experiment: Get two people as test subjects. Ideally not friends, as you will see in a moment. Have one drink alcohol nonstop all evening, and one smoke marijuana nonstop all evening. Do comparable concentrations of active ingredients as you see fit, as long as they can both ingest very large quantities. The next morning, only one of them will be dead, and you and I both know which one it will be. :P Edited October 25, 2013 by Nihil Obstat
CrossCuT Posted October 25, 2013 Author Posted October 25, 2013 You did not really read my post. Sad panda. I did. Is your point that, in your opinion, because of prohibition the majority people use these substances in excess? if that was indeed what you mean, I will repeat what I responded with originally: its different for everyone and you cant make a sweeping claim of a majority. if thats not what you mean then please explain further.
CrossCuT Posted October 25, 2013 Author Posted October 25, 2013 If you don't agree with what I say then your wrong, your a fool and your an idiot for having your own opinion= classic political liberalism. Lol what politics? How does being in favor of looking at facts make me a liberal? Does that mean conservatives hate facts and base their opinions on stereotypes?
Nihil Obstat Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 I did. Is your point that, in your opinion, because of prohibition the majority people use these substances in excess? if that was indeed what you mean, I will repeat what I responded with originally: its different for everyone and you cant make a sweeping claim of a majority. if thats not what you mean then please explain further. Economics of prohibition lead to objectively higher THC concentrations over time. Our sample is therefore enormously affected and it is difficult to assess 'moderate' marijuana use.
KnightofChrist Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 I would have to disagree about alcohol. Here is a nifty experiment: Get two people as test subjects. Ideally not friends, as you will see in a moment. Have one drink alcohol nonstop all evening, and one smoke marijuana nonstop all evening. Do comparable concentrations of active ingredients as you see fit, as long as they can both ingest very large quantities.The next morning, only one of them will be dead, and you and I both know which one it will be. :P I suppose I've not made myself clear, I agree that if one does not drink alcohol in moderation that it is not safer than smoking weed. But done in moderation, drinking not to get drunk, or totally poo faced, is healthier than smoking, because smoke doesn't really belong in the lungs ever.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 I suppose I've not made myself clear, I agree that if one does not drink alcohol in moderation that it is not safer than smoking weed. But done in moderation, drinking not to get drunk, or totally poo faced, is healthier than smoking, because smoke doesn't really belong in the lungs ever. Hm. Well that you would have to check with all the relevant studies about. It is not something I have looked into.
CrossCuT Posted October 25, 2013 Author Posted October 25, 2013 (edited) Economics of prohibition lead to objectively higher THC concentrations over time. Our sample is therefore enormously affected and it is difficult to assess 'moderate' marijuana use. Do you have sources? Pot is still mostly illegal so Im curious as to how you know that the THC concentration is going up however you say its difficult to asses peoples use? Also, wouldnt legalizing and taxation of marijuana would create a competitive industry where a wider variety of products ranging in different levels of THC content would become available? Just like we see with cigarettes and alcohol? Edited October 25, 2013 by CrossCuT
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now