An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2014

Lil Red

Thank-you Lil Red. The fact that I burst into tears when I read what name you had picked for me is an excellent indication that Our Lady of Sorrows may be the perfect patron for me to spend time with this coming year.

I don't think it's a coincidence that of the three times you have now picked a patron saint for me, twice it has been Mary. Many Phatmassers have a great love for Mary, and she is of enormous help and comfort to them. I, on the other hand, still have difficulty with Mary, for all kinds of reasons, including the fact that I wasn't raised to have a special love and veneration for Mary.

My first year you gave me Mary, Mother of God, and by the end of the year, I was praying to Mary regularly and began wearing a blessed Miraculous Medal (which I still wear all the time except in the shower). However, despite that, I would still say that I have trouble relating to Mary, and there are other saints to whom I pray more regularly, particularly St. Joseph and St. Anthony. This past year has been one of sorrow for me, and I am still dealing with lots of feelings of sadness. I think that spending time praying to and "getting to know" Our Lady of Sorrows is likely to be a big help to me. 

Thank-you for once again doing this. I, for one, have no doubt that the Holy Spirit is guiding your pick.

you've long been in my prayers, Iggy. :love: I was really hoping that the Holy Spirit would be giving you just the right patron - and of course the Holy Spirit does what it does best. :) 

yup :)

Could you pick for my boyfriend please? He's currently in college, trying really hard to up his grades. Thank you in advance :)

St. Paul!  My patron saint...how amazing!   I was born on one of his feast days, and chose Paula as my confirmation name.  And when I lived in Cleveland I spent a lot of time at the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration Monastery, which is called the Conversion of St. Paul Shrine.  Hmmm.....  Anyhow, bottom line is I don't pray to him as much as I should, so that will now change!  Thank you so much!!!  :nun1: