Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

That just happens to be my patron saint ;) maybe it is a hint I need to pray to her more

 

 bwahahahaha, that is too funny! your saint is nudging you!  :P  :hehe:

Posted

okay, I think I'm caught up on saints now. :) 

Posted

Red, this is just a wonderful thing you do each year!!!

 

And if anyone still wants a virtue to practice or a continent to pray for, I'll bump that thread again as well.... almost time for Christmas you know.... Saints, Virtues and Continents are truly the gift you can give to someone who has ALMOST everything!

Posted

I just wanted to impart an incredible story about my patron saint for 2014.  I chose randomly St. Margaret Mary Alacoque.  At first, I thought it was just because my devotion to the Sacred Heart has been slipping and God was nudging me but I was asked to be on the retreat planning committee for the annual YA retreat for the first time.  I got the invitation in the mail and discovered that they chose St. Margaret Mary and St. Joseph to be the patron saints for the retreat!  I had NO idea about this beforehand so it was quite a shocker!  The director said to pray about it before submitting my answer but I believe, firmly, that St. Margaret Mary was praying for me and I said YES.  I am so blessed that I did because I am already gaining so much from the experience.  :)

IgnatiusofLoyola
Posted

....<hugs back!> :) good to "see" you! 

 

you received Our Lady of Sorrows as a patron this year. :)

 

Thank-you Lil Red. The fact that I burst into tears when I read what name you had picked for me is an excellent indication that Our Lady of Sorrows may be the perfect patron for me to spend time with this coming year.

 

I don't think it's a coincidence that of the three times you have now picked a patron saint for me, twice it has been Mary. Many Phatmassers have a great love for Mary, and she is of enormous help and comfort to them. I, on the other hand, still have difficulty with Mary, for all kinds of reasons, including the fact that I wasn't raised to have a special love and veneration for Mary.

 

My first year you gave me Mary, Mother of God, and by the end of the year, I was praying to Mary regularly and began wearing a blessed Miraculous Medal (which I still wear all the time except in the shower). However, despite that, I would still say that I have trouble relating to Mary, and there are other saints to whom I pray more regularly, particularly St. Joseph and St. Anthony. This past year has been one of sorrow for me, and I am still dealing with lots of feelings of sadness. I think that spending time praying to and "getting to know" Our Lady of Sorrows is likely to be a big help to me. 

 

Thank-you for once again doing this. I, for one, have no doubt that the Holy Spirit is guiding your pick.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted

Thank-you Lil Red. The fact that I burst into tears when I read what name you had picked for me is an excellent indication that Our Lady of Sorrows may be the perfect patron for me to spend time with this coming year.

 

I don't think it's a coincidence that of the three times you have now picked a patron saint for me, twice it has been Mary. Many Phatmassers have a great love for Mary, and she is of enormous help and comfort to them. I, on the other hand, still have difficulty with Mary, for all kinds of reasons, including the fact that I wasn't raised to have a special love and veneration for Mary.

 

My first year you gave me Mary, Mother of God, and by the end of the year, I was praying to Mary regularly and began wearing a blessed Miraculous Medal (which I still wear all the time except in the shower). However, despite that, I would still say that I have trouble relating to Mary, and there are other saints to whom I pray more regularly, particularly St. Joseph and St. Anthony. This past year has been one of sorrow for me, and I am still dealing with lots of feelings of sadness. I think that spending time praying to and "getting to know" Our Lady of Sorrows is likely to be a big help to me. 

 

Thank-you for once again doing this. I, for one, have no doubt that the Holy Spirit is guiding your pick.

 

you've long been in my prayers, Iggy. :love: I was really hoping that the Holy Spirit would be giving you just the right patron - and of course the Holy Spirit does what it does best. :) 

Posted

Are you still drawing, by the way?

i<3franciscans
Posted

Hi, you received St. Marguerite Bourgeous :)

Thanks Red!! :)

Posted

Are you still drawing, by the way?

 

yup :) 

Posted

yup :)

 

Could you pick for my boyfriend please? He's currently in college, trying really hard to up his grades. Thank you in advance :)

Posted

St. Paul!  My patron saint...how amazing!   I was born on one of his feast days, and chose Paula as my confirmation name.  And when I lived in Cleveland I spent a lot of time at the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration Monastery, which is called the Conversion of St. Paul Shrine.  Hmmm.....  Anyhow, bottom line is I don't pray to him as much as I should, so that will now change!  Thank you so much!!!  :nun1:

Posted

Actually I think maybe the Holy Spirit is telling me I need to READ MY BIBLE!!! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...