An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2014

Lil Red

Lil' Red could you pick one out for me? Right now I am just trying to make good grades and get through my first year of high school. Also I am trying to figure out my vocation (I am thinking I might be called to religious life at Regina Laudis.)

xTrishaxLynnx

I need a saint, please! :heart: I feel like I'm on the precipice of making huge changes for the better, both inwardly and outwardly. I want to purge the things that need purging from my life to make room for more fruitful and rewarding things. I need to learn to let go, to trust, and to stop trying to control and rush everything, as it causes a lot of anxiety and gets in the way of recognizing God's will.

Alberto Guimaraes

Peace and Good!

I follow getting as my patron saints:

- Jesus carrying His Cross on His shoulder.

- The Immaculate Conception, Queen of the Franciscan Orders.

- Saint Francis of Assisi.

- Saint Anthony of Lisbon.

They keep you and bless you!

Br. Alberto Guimaraes OFS

Braga - Portugal

Catherine Therese

Thanks, Lil Red!

I got St. Claude de la Colombiere -> a French Jesuit priest who was spiritual director to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (who made popular a devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.)

I got the Infant Jesus of Prague.  I thought--what!!--and then went to look Him up.  Just reading the 1st paragraph of the Wikipedia article showed that several of my intentions/issues are being addressed.  Bless the Holy Spirit!

Lil' Red could you pick one out for me? Right now I am just trying to make good grades and get through my first year of high school. Also I am trying to figure out my vocation (I am thinking I might be called to religious life at Regina Laudis.)

You've received St. Bede the Venerable :)

I need a saint, please! :heart: I feel like I'm on the precipice of making huge changes for the better, both inwardly and outwardly. I want to purge the things that need purging from my life to make room for more fruitful and rewarding things. I need to learn to let go, to trust, and to stop trying to control and rush everything, as it causes a lot of anxiety and gets in the way of recognizing God's will.

you received two! St. Philip and Bl. Junipero Serra :) 

I drew for myself out of the bowl I had last year because I was anxious to see who I'd get.  I drew:

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

She is so wonderful and I find it so interesting that the Holy Spirit would give me the saint who saw the vision of the Sacred Heart because I am devoted to Divine Mercy and the Sacred Heart.  :)

I drew for myself out of the bowl I had last year because I was anxious to see who I'd get. I drew:

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

She is so wonderful and I find it so interesting that the Holy Spirit would give me the saint who saw the vision of the Sacred Heart because I am devoted to Divine Mercy and the Sacred Heart. :)

Cool story bro.

Peace and Good!
I follow getting as my patron saints:
- Jesus carrying His Cross on His shoulder.
- The Immaculate Conception, Queen of the Franciscan Orders.
- Saint Francis of Assisi.
- Saint Anthony of Lisbon.
They keep you and bless you!
Br. Alberto Guimaraes OFS
Braga - Portugal

I think you misunderstood what this thread is about. But glad you already have your patrons.

I got the Infant Jesus of Prague.  I thought--what!!--and then went to look Him up.  Just reading the 1st paragraph of the Wikipedia article showed that several of my intentions/issues are being addressed.  Bless the Holy Spirit!

i love that you've told this! :) thank you for sharing it. :)

Marie-Therese

:) you received St. Jude Thaddaeus, and you & Nick as a couple received St. Andre Bessette. God love you both!

The Holy Spirit nailed this one on both counts.  :)  Awesome!