An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2014

Lil Red

Red, I would LOVE to get a Saint Patron for 2014!

Last year I received St. Augustine, and we continued our usual love/unsure relationship...but I have learned to listen more when his readings come up in the Liturgy of the Hours, and I appreciate more the struggles he had to overcome things.   So it has been a good year!

Sounds like unintentionally we'll be doing our drawings over the same weekend!  So much for my trying to not step on your red-shoed toes!  

Shoes+049.jpg

Holy Spirit must enjoy the 'bundle' concept... either that or is partial to three and one!

As far as me.... married, secular order member, mostly a supportive llama mamma..... God knows who would be my best support and challenge for the next year..... and thank you for your ministry!

God knows best, right? :) 

You've received Pope St. Pius X (one of my personal favorite saints!). 

Hello, your patron is Our Lady of Lourdes! :)

:shock:

That is NOT what I was expecting...

Umm... thank you? LOL...

Thank you Red!! Last year I recieved one of my personal patrons, St. Cajetan.  Right now I'm struggling with extreme spiritual dryness and experiencing a minor crisis of faith.   Trying to hold on to hope.  Thank you again.

Hi, you've received St. Pio of Pietrelcina. :) 

Me please!  And I think you know me reasonably well by now.  Forever student, hoping to graduate this academic year, hoping to find a job and hoping to one day find someone to share my life with.

Hi BG, you received St. Matthias. :) 

Would you do one for me? I think I missed last year.

You've got it! :) 

You received St. Dominic. :) 

God knows best, right? :)

You've received Pope St. Pius X (one of my personal favorite saints!). 

Thank you, Red.... very apropos and I will explain more later!    Will remember you and your intentions at Mass on Sunday!  :) :pray: :heart:

Edited by AnneLine

:shock:

That is NOT what I was expecting...

Umm... thank you? LOL...

hahaha! The Holy Spirit is wily! :) 

I wonder who my Saint will be this year...

Hi Seven77, I'm so excited that you received Bl. Fra Angelico. :) 

Thank you, Red.... very apropos and I will explain more later!    Will remember you and your intentions at Mass on Sunday!  :) :pray: :heart:

Thank you for your prayers. I can't wait to hear the story! :) 

Basilisa Marie

I got St. Anthony Primaldo!!!  He was canonized last May! I'm so excited!  I love getting to know new saints. 

:bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

Eight hundred able-bodied men were told to convert to Islam or be slain. A tailor named Antonio Primaldi is said to have proclaimed "Now it is time for us to fight to save our souls for the Lord. And since he died on the cross for us, it is fitting that we should die for him."[3] To which those captive with him gave a loud cheer.

On August 14 they were led to the Hill of Minerva (later renamed the Hill of Martyrs). There they were to be executed with Primaldi to be beheaded first. After the blade decapitated him "his body allegedly remaining stubbornly and astonishing upright on its feet. Not until all had been decapitated could the aghast executioners force Primaldi's corpse to lie prone."[3] Witnessing this, one Muslim executioner (whom the chroniclers say was an Ottoman officer called Bersabei) is said to have converted on the spot and been impaled immediately by his fellows for doing so.

DUDE. 

Edited by Basilisa Marie

I got St. Anthony Primaldo!!!  He was canonized last May! I'm so excited!  I love getting to know new saints. 

:bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

i was so excited when his name came out for you! :) 

Count me in please, Red.  I've got some very big decisions to make, some probably quite soon.  Thanks muchly.