An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2014

Lil Red

Count me in please, Red.  I've got some very big decisions to make, some probably quite soon.  Thanks muchly.

You've received Our Lady of Mount Carmel. :) I pray that Our Lady helps you with these big decisions of yours. 

You've received Our Lady of Mount Carmel. :) I pray that Our Lady helps you with these big decisions of yours. 

Thanks Red.  :)

Hi Seven77, I'm so excited that you received Bl. Fra Angelico. :)

Oh wow! That's awesome… my favorite Dominican artist! Thanks! And, he's a Blessed…  I can't help but wonder if he'd like to be canonized... ;)

Hi Seven77, I'm so excited that you received Bl. Fra Angelico. :)

Oh wow! That's awesome… my favorite Dominican artist! Thanks! And, he's a Blessed…  I can't help but wonder if he'd like to be canonized... ;)

I just had a feeling you'd be as excited about receiving him as I was about him tumbling out for you! :D And I bet he'd love to intercede for you for a miracle! 

I got St Faustina this year (last year it was St Rose Duchesne). There seems to be a theme here, particularly regarding vocations.....

I would love to put my name into the mix as well :)

See what the Holy Spirit has in store for me

The Holy Spirit gave you St. Martha. :) 

The Holy Spirit gave you St. Martha. :)

I feel that this fits very well.

I looked her up on Catholic.org and the first main paragraph talks all about how she was so hospitable to Jesus and his disciple. Inviting them into her home and serving them. I feel like recently I have been slipping in a few areas of my faith and I have not felt worthy of going to Communion. I need to be like Martha and prepare my temple again to be hospitable for the Lord.

Thank you Lil Red :)

I feel that this fits very well.

I looked her up on Catholic.org and the first main paragraph talks all about how she was so hospitable to Jesus and his disciple. Inviting them into her home and serving them. I feel like recently I have been slipping in a few areas of my faith and I have not felt worthy of going to Communion. I need to be like Martha and prepare my temple again to be hospitable for the Lord.

Thank you Lil Red :)

That's very beautiful. I hope she is a good patron for you this coming year. :)

PhuturePriest

No way! Haha the Holy Spirit thinks you need him again!

I suppose so. :P But actually, he makes sense: What I need right now is a figure of discipline; a hard worker that lives under the ideals of a knight to inspire me in my schoolwork. Who better than Saint Michael?