An Old School Catholic Message Board

Duck Dynasty Dis

add

stating that Adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers-they won't inherit the kingdom of God.

is not irresponsible

601637_588979617856412_1966973288_n.jpg

Being an adult means you can have your own opinion. Being mature means knowing when it is appropriate to express that opinion.

Cappie, 

have you even read Phil's actual interview?  If so, which part do you find so objectionable? 

And who is calling Phil a victim?  People aren't so much concerned about Phil as they are concerned about their own ability to voice their morality without getting censored or fired from their job.

And do you know that Matthew Shepard wasn't beaten to death for being a homosexual (and that the MEME you posted spelled his name wrong)?

The Advocate: "Have we got Matthew Shepard all wrong?

Edited by NotreDame

stating that Adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers-they won't inherit the kingdom of God.

is not irresponsible

I am hoping that the greedy the drunkards and the slanderers will get the same punishment as the rest because I can's abide such and it is indeed comforting that such people will not inherit the kingdom

Cappie, 

have you even read Phil's actual interview?  If so, which part do you find so objectionable? 

And who is calling Phil a victim?  People aren't so much concerned about Phil as they are concerned about their own ability to voice their morality without getting censored or fired from their job.

And do you know that Matthew Shepard wasn't beaten to death for being a homosexual (and that the MEME you posted spelled his name wrong)?

I apo;ogise I forgot it was an American thing

I am hoping that the greedy the drunkards and the slanderers will get the same punishment as the rest because I can's abide such and it is indeed comforting that such people will not inherit the kingdom

Few will...
Not so much a punishment as it is a reward Edited by add

I thought the Overriding Christian philosophy was the hope that the drunkards, greedy, and slanderers would get the same forgiveness as the self-righteous.

Semper Catholic

Cappie,

have you even read Phil's actual interview? If so, which part do you find so objectionable?

And who is calling Phil a victim? People aren't so much concerned about Phil as they are concerned about their own ability to voice their morality without getting censored or fired from their job.

No it really was a hate crime. That "book" if you want to call it a book holds as much weight as a 9-11 truther.

No it really was a hate crime. That "book" if you want to call it a book holds as much weight as a 9-11 truther.

True, it was a hate crime , however it has nothing to do with Duck Dynasty

Excuse me?  The idea that some people will end up in hell is a comfort to you? Because you can't stand "them" (i.e., sinners.)

Is this the Twilight zone or something. Please, someone tell me this is the twilight zone.

is not irresponsible

southern california guy

Cappie, 

You know I believe this take on Mathew Shepard.  I ran into a woman in Laramie who was trying to write a book on the Mathew Shepard killing.  She told me that he traveled all over the world and he was known to carry a lot of cash on him -- and that he didn't trust banks.  She said that $3000 in large bills was found crammed into the bottom of one of his pockets of the pants that he was wearing.  So where did he get all of that cash?  The story starts to make sense when you consider the possibility that he was selling drugs.  Suddenly it all starts to make sense.  There are more drugs and drug dealers out there than you would imagine.  I was a little shocked by all of the cocaine, black tar heroine, and meth that was being sold and used by the Mormons in Utah -- and that was the Utah Mormons!  Wyoming is right next door and it would not shock me if similar things went on there.  I do know that the cocaine (In Utah) was coming from Aurora Colorado.

I thought the Overriding Christian philosophy was the hope that the drunkards, greedy, and slanderers would get the same forgiveness as the self-righteous.

You're on the right track. Except that its the self-righteous who have no hope of forgiveness, since it would never occur to them to ask for it. That's the sin against the Holy Spirit, the only unforgivable sin.

The hope that sinners will not get into Heaven is anti-Christ.

I don't think speculating about the circumstances of Matthew Shepard's death is a worthy use of time. Pray for him and the people who killed him.