An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Person Below Me

Byzantine

Ancilla Domini

I am completely disinterested with anything that has to do with the American continent, really. I'm more of a European and middle east history type, particularly, the history of the early Church through the Renaissance, with a particular soft spot for the Medieval Ages.

The person below me thinks it's stupid I have to get a composite score of 24 on the ACTs to enter seminary just because I'm homeschooled, while everybody else only needs to get an average score.

I'm homeschooled too! :) People underestimate the genius of homeschoolers, which is why we need to get higher scores. =P

TPBM is going to guess how old I am.

ChristinaTherese

We posted the exact same minute. :D

Then I'll answer both of you.

EA: No, praise God. I'm glad to be mostly free of them.

AD: Now I am. I think you're maybe in high school, so I'd put you somewhat older than Carter, maybe 15-17. I've really been wondering a lot though lately, so I'd love to know. How old are you? Sometimes I think maybe the range I just stated is quite a bit too young, but I can't really tell over the internet, and I think you've said that you have some years to wait before discerning specifically with the monastery you want to enter, which could place you in high school but could also mean you just have some other impediment at the moment.

TPBM wishes that more homework was assigned at the beginning of the term, instead of everything starting slowly.

This procrastinator rather have everything pile up at the end ... it feels more natural to me (lol).

TPBM has chicken soup on the menu today for dinner.

Ancilla Domini

Then I'll answer both of you.

EA: No, praise God. I'm glad to be mostly free of them.

AD: Now I am. I think you're maybe in high school, so I'd put you somewhat older than Carter, maybe 15-17. I've really been wondering a lot though lately, so I'd love to know. How old are you? Sometimes I think maybe the range I just stated is quite a bit too young, but I can't really tell over the internet, and I think you've said that you have some years to wait before discerning specifically with the monastery you want to enter, which could place you in high school but could also mean you just have some other impediment at the moment.

TPBM wishes that more homework was assigned at the beginning of the term, instead of everything starting slowly.

I'm about two and a half months shy of 16. I'm a sophomore. (a sophty. :bounce: )

This procrastinator rather have everything pile up at the end ... it feels more natural to me (lol).

TPBM has chicken soup on the menu today for dinner.

Nope. I think it's pasta. I'm not sure.

Edited by Ancilla Domini

I have put the words I don't understand in bold. XD Blimey, well that really limits my ability to answer the question, now, doesn't it?

This made me think you were either a young whippersnapper or rather... old.

The person below me thinks it's stupid I have to get a composite score of 24 on the ACTs to enter seminary just because I'm homeschooled, while everybody else only needs to get an average score.

Come to Franciscan with me and LWS instead of college seminary!

TPBM is going to guess how old I am.

See above.

I'm about two and a half months shy of 16. I'm a sophomore. (a sophty. :bounce: )

Back in my day, everyone age 16 knew what a flash drive was. And probably what a lanyard was. You kids have all the new toys. When I was your age, a "cloud" was something that floated along up in the sky.

Now make a TPBM statement.

(Walks away musttering under his breath, "Kids these days...")

Ancilla Domini

This made me think you were either a young whippersnapper or rather... old.

Back in my day, everyone age 16 knew what a flash drive was. And probably what a lanyard was. You kids have all the new toys. When I was your age, a "cloud" was something that floated along up in the sky.

Now make a TPBM statement.

(Walks away musttering under his breath, "Kids these days...")

Oh, on the contrary! It's not that I am a "kid of this generation," it's that I am completely technologically illiterate. :hehe2: (I don't even have my own phone.) When people say "cloud" I think of something that floats in the air. What people say, "twitter," I think of birds chirping. When people say, "Blackberry," I think of fruit. :bounce:

TPBM is also technologically illiterate. :bananarap:

You heard of 'semi-home-made'?  I'm semi technologically illiterate AND semi-young and semi-young.  Always have been every one of those.

I'm old enough to have MADE lanyards at summer camp.  In the 1960's.

I'm old enough to have learned to use one of the first word processors in San Francisco... when word processors were stand-alone behemoths that saved 60 whole pages onto a tiny disc of just 11 x 11 inches!   And it only took four minutes A PAGE TO PRINT DOCUMENTS, TOO!!! and it used a dot matrix printer!

BUT I haven't kept up with the technology... only learned what a 'flash drive' was in the last year.   I also think clouds produce rain... and I still read BOOKS.  Real ones!

and I have emails in my account from the last century!

But my brain feels like I have more in common with people in their 20's and 30's -- or in their 80's and 90's! -- than people my own age.  Go figure....

TPBM.... remembers the last century.

Edited by AnneLine

ChristinaTherese

Nope, but I sew and embroider and such.

TPBM is going come up with a) a description of a "wocket", which is some sort of small creature, b) a description of a "blig", which is something that a wocket can smarkle (some sort of sparkly locomotion that is along the lines of traipsing, I imagine, and c) a definition of "cammupple". I have a definition that I think fits the last one perfectly, but I'm curious. If TPBM does not wish to do all of those, TPBM is going to define at least one.

A cammuple is sort of like an orange, but also has a hint of the bitterness of a kumquat. Furthermore, it looks rather like an apple, and when coated in chocolate it is virtually indistinguishable from a chocolate-coated apple. However, don't let that fool you – a cammuple's extremely thick skin does not lend itself to eating: it is more likely to break your sweet tooth than satisfy it.

Known uses for the cammuple:

• gag gift at parties (when covered in chocolate to appear like an apple)
  • appetite destroyer (by the time you're done peeling it you don't even want to eat it)
  • baseball

TPBM knows or is a brony.