An Old School Catholic Message Board

Making Out

tinytherese

PhuturePriest

From the little I know of the waltz, I believe it was considered scandalous when it was first introduced.

Nowadays, the waltz is not considered scandalous or sexual--but it also sounds as if most people are not doing it correctly.

However, it sounds as if you are able to dance the waltz with your dance instructor's wife and are able to concentrate on your dancing without having sexual thoughts.

Sometimes I think that people who are looking for scandal will see it everywhere, even when the participants are simply perfecting their dance skills for a competition.

Even Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

You have to do tons of weird things in dance. In swing, girls will sometimes very briefly straddle a guy's leg. But the thing is, when you're dancing, you're focusing on dancing, not on the sexuality of it. I've never been sexually aroused while doing any of those things, and as you mentioned before, I'm at my sexual prime. If not even I feel sexual arousal while doing it, that means you have to actively try and be aroused.

PhuturePriest

Note to FP: This thread has gotten so long, I've forgotten whether you said you wanted to wait until you were married to kiss or wait until you were engaged. I don't know all your circumstances, so I don't completely understand why you feel this way, but I respect your feelings and that there is a good reason for them. I simply strongly urge you to keep an open mind. The decision that is best for you at 17 may very well be different when you are older. Don't force yourself to abide by how you felt at 17 if other circumstances lead you later to think that a kiss is the appropriate (and loving) thing to do. Remember, a BIG part of what is the best decision for you in the future will be the feelings and emotional needs of the woman you love and whom you hope to have as your spouse. She may have feelings and needs that you can't take into account right now because you most likely haven't met her yet. It's okay to change your mind later.

In response to this, I understand what you mean. But as I said, I want to (At least at the moment) wait until my wedding for my first kiss for a very personal reason I can't disclose here. I'm really open and don't mind sharing, though, so if you or anyone else wants to investigate or is simply curious, feel free to message me! Really, I don't mind. It will give me something to do. :P Plus, it might change my mind if people with more experience with this tell me my reason isn't actually necessary and I'm worrying over nothing.

French kissing is losing your virginity ? haha that's funny...Show me a couple that has got married and never made out...Then show me another one...Not saying people shouldn't strive to be perfect but this is real life...Not many people relate to fairy tale expectations that nobody lives up to...At best they make you half smirk and say yea right under your breath...At worse they push you away completely and make you not give a flop...

French kissing is losing your virginity ? haha that's funny...Show me a couple that has got married and never made out...Then show me another one...Not saying people shouldn't strive to be perfect but this is real life...Not many people relate to fairy tale expectations that nobody lives up to...At best they make you half smirk and say yea right under your breath...At worse they push you away completely and make you not give a flop...

That is kind of disrespectful towards the people who do try to live up to that particular ideal.

What is disrespectful about it? In the real world people kiss before they get married. If you're going to shame people who do or tell them they lose their virginity if they french kiss then I think you're a little extreme... Like I said we should strive to be perfect but people relate to reality more so then ideas like french kissing means you lost your virginity and you're a sl%#.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I've done the tango, samba, rumba, mambo, and salsa (Otherwise known as "The Dance of Love" because it's so sensual/sexual) with both my dance instructor and his wife. Am I still a virgin?

Perhaps your thinking of the lambada. I thought that was the name of the forbidden dance not salsa.

What is disrespectful about it? In the real world people kiss before they get married. If you're going to shame people who do or tell them they lose their virginity if they french kiss then I think you're a little extreme... Like I said we should strive to be perfect but people relate to reality more so then ideas like french kissing means you lost your virginity and you're a sl%#.

The only one shaming someone right now is you, towards people who make a choice to follow their conscience in a difficult scenario. As far as I can tell nobody has been putting down people who do not think the same way.

If sex isn't a joke, why is it so goofy?

I mean, have you really ever given sex a lot of thought? It's weird. Humans are weird.

You're all weird. 

The only one shaming someone right now is you, towards people who make a choice to follow their conscience in a difficult scenario. As far as I can tell nobody has been putting down people who do not think the same way.

I'm not shaming anyone...And I never said anyone in this thread was shaming anyone...Although if I remember correctly this thread was implying making out with someone you were engaged to was a big sin...And that making out equates to losing your virginity... Edited by Guest

PhuturePriest

I'm not shaming anyone...And I never said anyone in this thread was shaming anyone...Although if I remember correctly this thread was implying making out with someone you were engaged to was a big sin...And that making out equates to losing your virginity...

You said "in the real world" people kiss before marriage. Some people wait for their first kiss until their wedding day. That also happens in the "real world". It may not be nearly as common, but it happens.

Who has waited for their first kiss before theyre married? Give me a couple examples lol

That is not the point dude. The point is that if someone decides they want to do that, it is not up to you to put them down for it.