Everything is sex

Don't kiss.

Don't hold hands.

DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIM OKAY IT'S BAD

Everything is sex

Don't kiss.

Don't hold hands.

DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIM OKAY IT'S BAD

all of this could be avoided if everyone going on a date was fully sewn into a blanket like the amish mentioned earlier on this thread. then we would not have young people losing their virginity by listening to a dirty joke, watching a film or indulging in tango dancing.

PhuturePriest

all of this could be avoided if everyone going on a date was fully sewn into a blanket like the amish mentioned earlier on this thread. then we would not have young people losing their virginity by listening to a dirty joke, watching a film or indulging in tango dancing.

I've done the tango, samba, rumba, mambo, and salsa (Otherwise known as "The Dance of Love" because it's so sensual/sexual) with both my dance instructor and his wife. Am I still a virgin?

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

dd your dance instructor or his wife give you a firm hug?

No. But my dance instructor did tell me quite plainly that dancing is acting. Every dance is supposed to express a certain emotion, and in Latin dancing, that emotion is sex. He told me flat-out that when I do Latin dances with his wife or anyone else, I better be acting as if there's no one else in the world I want to have sex with more.

I was told ballroom dancing was dignified. Then I realized people think this because we're supposed to act that way, not because it actually is.

I've done the tango, samba, rumba, mambo, and salsa (Otherwise known as "The Dance of Love" because it's so sensual/sexual) with both my dance instructor and his wife. Am I still a virgin?

probably not - according to the current thread on CVs - see around page 12/13. apparantly the theological and 'normal'/socially accepted definitions are different. i dont fully understand that point. if you experienced venereal pleasure, and consented to that pleasure  while dancing in this way, then no, according to that standard, you are not still one.

To avoid such occasions of serious mortal sin, such dancing would be best whilst sewed into the aforementioned blanket.

Or you could try dancing alone in the privacy of your room, making sure to stop if you feel any pleasure, and of course, ensuring the music has no offensive lyrics. perhaps try dancing alone in your room to catholic music. or try playing some gregorian chant in your cassette player or vinyl LP? there are some good records out there. you can certainly sing along, one who sings prays twice.

Edited by oremus1

ChristinaTherese

Meh. I've done the tango with a friend. Nothing sensual about it for us, just something we were being taught. I didn't even like it nearly as much as waltzing. (I mean, what could possibly be more fun than a Viennese waltz? You get to spin and fly across the room and go way faster than anything else we were taught. (But they didn't want to teach us the polka because apparently they thought it was too accident prone... maybe it's more fun.))

PhuturePriest

Meh. I've done the tango with a friend. Nothing sensual about it for us, just something we were being taught. I didn't even like it nearly as much as waltzing. (I mean, what could possibly be more fun than a Viennese waltz? You get to spin and fly across the room and go way faster than anything else we were taught. (But they didn't want to teach us the polka because apparently they thought it was too accident prone... maybe it's more fun.))

Waltzing in itself is pretty sexual. I don't know if you were doing it with proper postures and positions, but your right leg is supposed to go in his crotch and vice-versa. This makes it easier to move you when you dance.

Waltzing in itself is pretty sexual. I don't know if you were doing it with proper postures and positions, but your right leg is supposed to go in his crotch and vice-versa. This makes it easier to move you when you dance.

and easier to fall into an occasion of mortal sin.

ChristinaTherese

Well, my preferred dance partner and I would have rather had a nice distance of at least a few inches between us, so we definitely did not.

PhuturePriest

Well, my preferred dance partner and I would have rather had a nice distance of at least a few inches between us, so we definitely did not.

Then you didn't properly waltz, pure and simple. You would have gotten a terrible score in a dancing competition. :P Ballroom dancing is very rigid and specific about things like that. Your posture and positions need to be exactly right, or your score goes down. There is no "leaving room for the Holy Ghost" in any sort of ballroom dancing, and if you do, it's technically not proper dancing.

PhuturePriest

Aw man, if you ever post a karate video I am going to repay your pedantry a hundred fold. :|

Bring it on, Canadian. :|